• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's Wrong With This Picture posted by alphaprimeian01

9 posts in this topic

Get frustrated much?

Yea, so I get my books back that I have submitted in the spring of 2012 to find a 9.9! I was so happy!!! I even let out a yell! lol So, I entered it in to my set. The next day I went to remove the 9.8 from my box of books when I noticed the covers didn't match... So this isn't the first time I have had to send books back for re-labeling because of this, or a wrong title or no variant title... At forty or fifty bucks to get it to CGC and back to my hands (the cost of shipping), I will be happy to get it back and enter it into my set. This has been the 13th or 14th in the last twelve months. I am getting a bit tired of the time and money wasted on this. I don't like to say these types of things in a public forum, but maybe something will change at CGC. Maybe a coupon for a free fast track grading or something...hint hint.

I love the hobby and I'm not going to change anything over it. It's just a bit frustrating, thats all.

Happy hunting!

12828.jpg

See more journals by alphaprimeian01

You would think that CGC would pay for the shipping costs and re-labelling costs since they screwed it up. Isn't it Certified Guaranteed Company? They just certified that your Transformers 19 is issue number 14. That doesn't seem like a very good guarantee to me. It does seem like a fairly regular occurance to happen. I personally do not think it would be that difficult to look at the paper with the name and title and to make sure that it matches. If they miss that kind of stuff, makes a person wonder what else they actually miss when they grade comics. But a beautiful comic still, issue 19 is my favourite in the series.

They gave me a free grade, (Standard no fast track even if I made up the difference) for their last mess up. Which was the 5th time that they made a mistake last year. (mis labeled books also) I looked at my verified invoices and found out they had 3 more that are entered wrong. But they are correct on my invoice I sent them. When I addressed it they said, dont worry the graders will catch it? Really? They keep messing up, I see a potential issue and you dont want to try and fix it now? IM keeping that email to send them in 6 months. Because I know AT LEAST one will be mis labeled.

They just certified that your Transformers 19 is issue number 14. That doesn't seem like a very good guarantee to me.

this cracked me up

:roflmao:

oh and CGC stands for Certified Guaranty Company (based on what it says on their website) but it doenst change how funny your comment was...

You would think that CGC would pay for the shipping costs and re-labelling costs since they screwed it up. Isn't it Certified Guaranteed Company? They just certified that your Transformers 19 is issue number 14. That doesn't seem like a very good guarantee to me. It does seem like a fairly regular occurance to happen. I personally do not think it would be that difficult to look at the paper with the name and title and to make sure that it matches. If they miss that kind of stuff, makes a person wonder what else they actually miss when they grade comics. But a beautiful comic still, issue 19 is my favourite in the series.

Thanks! I was really happy to get this book at this grade! I'll be sending it away very soon again tho to get the label changed.

Actually, i've got one book mislabeled in my very first submission just 3 weeks ago :)

CGC responded quickly to my email and offered me free label fix and some refund for shipping.

At the end we agreed ont sending slab along with next submission to be fixed for free.

I can't really complain about CGC so far, they were very helpful nad fast with their responses.