• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harvey Warehouse Find Database/History?

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kat123 said:

Seller on bay, states this is a Harvey warehouse copy. High grade copy with good paper color. Search on google brought me to this old thread.

EFF53C72-E85A-4C97-8500-137443B176ED.jpeg

8EF5BFE6-E1B0-4066-99D8-C3ADF2FDBC95.jpeg

CB7C18D8-A0FB-482E-9DEE-4E4240E37681.jpeg

Interesting ...seller states "It has some defects from the warehouse leaking. A good pressing would likely solve some of it."

Is that water damage along the left edge of the back cover?  I don't have the best eye for that. 

I'd be leery of buying this anyway since its listed as "no returns"...I'm also wary of people who say they're "a Collector thinning out my books AND NOT A GRADING EXPERT...but apparently plenty of other people don't care as its at $3,500 with 6 days to go.

41 minutes ago, szav said:

Interesting ...seller states "It has some defects from the warehouse leaking. A good pressing would likely solve some of it."

Is that water damage along the left edge of the back cover?  I don't have the best eye for that. 

I'd be leery of buying this anyway since its listed as "no returns"...I'm also wary of people who say they're "a Collector thinning out my books AND NOT A GRADING EXPERT...but apparently plenty of other people don't care as its at $3,500 with 6 days to go.

Looks like a large water stain along the edge of the back cover.  Otherwise book looks to be in nice shape.  The extent of the moisture damage makes me wary of bidding on it.

Edited by mstrange

5 hours ago, mstrange said:

Looks like a large water stain along the edge of the back cover.  Otherwise book looks to be in nice shape.  The extent of the moisture damage makes me wary of bidding on it.

The price makes me wary of bidding on it! If I was planning to I'd really want to see the staples clearly. Where there's water there's likely rust.