• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SILVER SURFER - Did I just get taken?

7 posts in this topic

Just won an auction on eBay for Silver Surfer #2. Bid 29.99 for the comic and WON it. I was actually bidding as a joke not thinking I would win it but I did. I can't grade comics, and I sure can't grade them from scans, but if some of you would be so kind to check out the auction an politely tell me if I was just taken for 30 bucks or if I stand to have a rather decent copy of this mag? Remember I am a Star Wars geek and know nothing about Silver Surfers, Spidermans, and the others....

Silver Surfer eBay Auction

I hate the way people describe eBay comic auctions... Overstreet and CGC and all the rest use a numerical scale to go with their descriptive grade... NM 9.8 and such. When an eBay user describes his comic as "Very Good Condition" you have to sit back and wonder if he is meaning VG 4.0 or meaning that he is not a grader at all and is simply describing the overall look of the comic as being in "very good condition" (compared to a _____) .... But what can you do?

Jeremy

yeah I remember the thread where everyone said that this guy couldn't grade. I have to say though if you only collect Star Wars and Star Trek comics and you bid on this as a "joke" you sort of deserve the comic you get. You are probably okay though for $30. Eh could be worse.

As always a perspective Gman buyer,

Ericc123