• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I admittedly bought EoW as a spec book and was happily surprised by how great it was to read and view. That is rare these days imo. There are tons, literally tons, of good books sold each year. There are lots of great storylines like the recent Batman Endgame run or even the recent JLA Darkseid books. There are very few great, long running books these days. In fact, that has almost always been the case, hasn't it ?

The Watchmen, Sandman, Batman TDKR, Morrison's JLA, and X-men, Ennis on The Punisher and Preacher. Certain books just stand above the crowd. EoW, TWD, and Saga are the first books that come to mind in this time period that will be fondly remembered by loyal and somewhat large groups of people.

When the bottom fell out of EoW, I kept buying. It is the run, other than Stormwatch/The Authority and Planetary that I'm most happy to have in my PC. This series has also been THE arbitrage king since it came out for me. I'm thrilled in every way that Hickman, Dragotta, and Martin made this a very fond memory. :applause:

I originally only got copies to read then i seen how great it was and started putting together a set for collection purposes i came in very late but am now a fan im sure this will continue to happen naturally and copies will start to dry up pushing the value. But some sort of show or movie would speed up awareness and value the fastest

EOW 1 has a relatively high print run and tons of variants. Almost every copy is NM+ or better. It was speculated to death as a collectible.

That said, if it finishes strong and becomes a classic, #1s will creep up over time. The RRP and the tiny bit of OA out there would benefit the most.

Just a head's up to my fellow EoW Boardie fans, I am going to put my Set on the market soon.

If anyone is building a Registry Set, and want to send me offers before I officially put them up, feel free.

I would rather them go to a fan, if they have to go anywhere.

Here is the link to my set. I own several OAKs...

vikingreed's set

I'm interested in acquiring a 3rd and 4th print right now if you still have them.

She is going to do some Suicide Squad or Harley Quinn stuff for me too. Sometimes she freestyles and sometimes she does stuff like this.

33ubz8x.jpg

2m34ms0.jpg

I asked her to do the East of West in a Dragotta style with her mixed in it. I was very pleased with the outcome.

I bought the 1st 3 tpbs last year and ended up losing interest or getting bogged down before I even got to the 3rd tpb. It's a story that requires a little more concentration than many comics that are out there, and for whatever reason I was distracted enough that I didn't give it a good chance and I dismissed it.

However.... recently I have been flying back and forth to NewMexico and decided to grab the Tpbs and read them on the flights. OMG, I am SO hooked on this fabulously written story! And obviously the artwork is superb.

I just bought the next 2 tpbs and am eagerly awaiting them so I can catch up on this series.

If you haven't read this series yet, pick it up. Excellent!!!!

She is going to do some Suicide Squad or Harley Quinn stuff for me too. Sometimes she freestyles and sometimes she does stuff like this.

33ubz8x.jpg

2m34ms0.jpg

I asked her to do the East of West in a Dragotta style with her mixed in it. I was very pleased with the outcome.

That's awesome work!

I bought the 1st 3 tpbs last year and ended up losing interest or getting bogged down before I even got to the 3rd tpb. It's a story that requires a little more concentration than many comics that are out there, and for whatever reason I was distracted enough that I didn't give it a good chance and I dismissed it.

However.... recently I have been flying back and forth to NewMexico and decided to grab the Tpbs and read them on the flights. OMG, I am SO hooked on this fabulously written story! And obviously the artwork is superb.

I just bought the next 2 tpbs and am eagerly awaiting them so I can catch up on this series.

If you haven't read this series yet, pick it up. Excellent!!!!

TPBs are a much better format to read a comic with this much of an intricate story. I buy them as they are released, but I always find myself reading 2-3 issues back before I start the new one to make sure I am fully connected with what is going on.

In two separate cases I have even gone back and read the whole series from the beginning to ensure I make all the connections. It is a great storyline, it keeps you on your toes as a "reader."

33ubz8x.jpg

2m34ms0.jpg

That's awesome work!

Is she selling that ? I want it