• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this show last night and how someone said it should be made like the Heavy Metal movie. That got me thinking about the Heavy Metal soundtrack and how could it would be to use that with this show. :headbang:

...and then it me me that Amazon, with their 100,000,000 Prime subscribers picked this up !   :banana:

10 hours ago, Pete Marino said:

This could be awesome, and bezos is nuts to have something that compares to game of thrones in popularity.  This has a better shot than another Lord of the rings adaptation.

Slow down, cowboy :baiting:

but seriously, the EoW world is big/diverse enough to last many seasons. It’ll be interesting seeing how it gets translated to TV.

On 2/28/2018 at 7:44 PM, the authority said:

East of West #36 wraparound cover

Coolest EoW cover since issue #16 variants. Based on recent comments, I may be the last guy reading this....other than Solar lol

Don't worry.. I'm still reading too.. But I just dropped off the face of the cgc boards for awhile.  So to recap what's been going on in EoW World..

RIP Red, Amazon picking this up for a show is great, especially if they're going to keep Hickman and Dragotta involved, and man EoW 37 was awesome!  I struggle to pick out my favorite character in this book, but most of my favorite issues are Ranger-centric, so I guess that tells me what I need to know. 

That is fantastic ! I’d love to read a series about nothing but Ranger. His battle against Death was one of my favorites parts of this story. 

My favorite is still issue #15. Nothing I’ve ever read better highlights the difference between perception and reality. It also points out that perception is always the driving force of people’s motivation for doing certain things. That cover is perfect. 

8 hours ago, Pirate said:

The wait for the HC is killing me.  Had to order #1 from amazon vendor and vol 2 from Amazon.  Have had the #2 for 4 days lol.

I think you'll be happy you waited...though not in the order that they came ? 

You are in for a treat.

Issue #38 was a middle of the road issue imo but the last few pages certainly add to

Spoiler

the significance of the Ranger and why he was so heavily promoted prior to the 1st issue even though you don't really know a thing about him until issue #6

Edited by the authority

Due to being busy, I just now read issues #39 and #40. Absolutely outstanding. While the foreshadowing in this story has long been present, it is bittersweet that we can see the beginning of the end. 

On a side note, when we moved, my wife asked which books I'd keep if we needed to make room. I laughed because fortunately, for the moment,we don't need to make room. The books I chose off the top of my head were The Authority volume #1 with crossovers. I now own 6 boxes of these. Planetary, which takes up over 3 boxes. East of West. All of my Frank Miller stuff, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, and Mark Millar. That's where I'd go if need be. Tells you how I feel about this book. Super special. 😊