East of West
13 13

9,321 posts in this topic

1,502 posts

I thought it was OK. I like the regular cover better.

11,233 posts

Thank you (thumbs u

I'm buying East of West, The Walking Dead, and God Country. All look great but my absolute favorite has to be Invincible. Looks like it would have fit right in with that cover.

745 posts
I'm buying East of West, The Walking Dead, and God Country. All look great but my absolute favorite has to be Invincible. Looks like it would have fit right in with that cover.

Getting Kill Or Be Killed #6 (The Walking Dead #1 homage) and WalkingD.E.A.D. #164 (WildC.A.T.s #1 homage). Funnily enough, they're both TWD-related even though I'm not a big fan of TWD. Kill Or Be Killed is on my pull list and I like the 25th anniversary cover. The TWD #164, I'm only getting for the Jim Lee homage. lol

4,974 posts

Cursewords & Deadly Class are where it's at from that list of covers.

2,893 posts

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Felix.

4,974 posts

90s art belongs in the 90s, but I still love Nick's lines.

2,594 posts

Very nice! Thanks for sharing

92 posts

Woof indeed, love the artist, hate that style. Here's hoping I can walk away with a regular cover for that issue. Then again I need to catch up with this series in the first place. I think I'm way back on like, issue 15 haha.

11,233 posts

Issue #31 was a big step back in the right direction. Hickman and Dragotta love cliffhangers and the last page of this book is pretty spectacular. (thumbsu

11,233 posts

It feels like these comments might be riding out into the ether but this book is just too good not to mention. Issue #32 has a meeting between 2 of the 4 best characters from the series and....

Spoiler

...it ends very badly for one of them...and another....

18 issues to go. In other words, we still have about 2 years left. lol

I'm going to kiss this book like I did Planetary and Stormwatch/The Authority by Ellis and Millar. I'm thrilled that Hickman committed to this book. There was a time when many Image writers either shortened their series or walked away in the middle. Hickman and Dragotta have stayed true to their initial comments about the series which buys them lots of good will from me. I'll be looking forward to whatever they do after this, even if its for Marvel. 

251 posts
5 hours ago, the authority said:

It feels like these comments might be riding out into the ether but this book is just too good not to mention. Issue #32 has a meeting between 2 of the 4 best characters from the series and....

Reveal hidden contents

...it ends very badly for one of them...and another....

18 issues to go. In other words, we still have about 2 years left. lol

I'm going to kiss this book like I did Planetary and Stormwatch/The Authority by Ellis and Millar. I'm thrilled that Hickman committed to this book. There was a time when many Image writers either shortened their series or walked away in the middle. Hickman and Dragotta have stayed true to their initial comments about the series which buys them lots of good will from me. I'll be looking forward to whatever they do after this, even if its for Marvel. 

This and now God country are the only current titles i read. this is a story i want to actually see through to the end and like you have nothing but praise for the fact this is still coming out on good time. can't wait to read this issue from what you now have mentioned.

Also regret letting go of my #1 RRP and i can't say that about too many comics i have got rid off over the years....i'm going to have to get one again.

11,233 posts

I sold my RRP too. I may have to rethink that move. I buy and sell runs of these from time to time but I'd really like to have at least 1 of everything in this series. At least 1 run will be a permanent part of my PC. :tink:

11,233 posts

2cwpl34.jpg

The latest from my niece. 

Edited by the authority
adding words

2,878 posts

so sick Tom.

11,233 posts

Issue 33 was little different than normal but it did bring to mind the very beginning of the story and how people move into and out of power. I'm not sure where we're headed but I'll guarantee that it'll be a fun trip . bring on #34