• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC SS books with birthday notations

2 posts in this topic

Hi!

I just noticed a CGC SS book signed by Stan Lee with a special notation that it was signed by Stan on his 90th Birthday.

I was curious of how one would go about getting this notation on a SS book if it was signed by the talent on their birthday.

If I already own a SS book that happened to be signed on the talents birthday, can I send it back in for the extra notation? Say I have a CGC SS book signed by Todd Mcfarlane on 3/16/08, could I send it in and get a notation that it was signed on his 47th birthday?

Does it need to be a " special" birthday like only each decade I.E. 20th, 30th , 40th 50th birthday and so on?

Does the signer need to provide a birth certificate to the CGC witness, proving its their birthday, or will they go on the talents own merit?

These are serious and honest questions.

I would appreciate a serious and honest response.

• Administrator

This was a special notation for Stan Lee, a 90 book invoice signed on his 90th birthday that was set up in advance. This is not something that we normally do. We might consider doing more like this down the road for special events with creators, but it would be something that would have to be set up in advance and there would most likely be a minimum numbers of books required in order to get the noted designation.