• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Said Honesty on EBay is Dead?

10 posts in this topic

With all the posting about bad eBay sellers and such, I thought I'd add a good experience...

Won a large lot of comics yesterday. The seller said the lot consisted of over 200 comics. He also broke out the number of issues in the description which totals less than 150 comics. When asking for a shipping quote, I asked how many comics were actually in the lot. Woke up this morning with an e-mail expressing the buyers' extreme apology that after counting, he could only come up with 187 comics and that if I wanted to drop the auction to go ahead and he'd give me positive feedback. He also said that he'd take an offer over $40 less than what I won the auction at and would include free shipping (shipping 180+ comics can be expensive)! And if I wasn't happy with that to give him an offer! He seems genuinely sorry for the difference.

Now that's honesty for you! Hell, he only technically miscounted by under 20 comics. That's service for you! grin.gif

Jim

Here's the e-mail if anyone interested...

I made a huge error. When I counted the comics originally I counted by how many G.I. Combats I had, Sgt.Rocks etc. and I came up with 201 comics. That's why I made the listing as over 200 comics. I just went through the comics and counted them one by one (three times) and only came up with 187 comics each time. Please forgive me as I never meant to mislead anyone. I must have made an addition error in my haste to list them. All the issues than I posted in the ad are present so it was just a very dumb mistake. If you want to cancel the transaction I will understand and still give you positive feedback and take all the blame. If you still want the comics then make me a lower offer in which you won them for. I will do almost anything as I feel horrible for this mistake. If this is not fair to you then please make me another offer.

Jim

I had a similar experience. A while back, I bought a large lot of HG unslabbed silver. After I paid, the seller was packing, and he noticed one of the HG books had tape pull, and someone had colored this in with a felt pen. So he notified me right away, and threw in a few extra Silver books that more than made up for that one issue. Not only that, but the grading was tight. laugh.gif

"I can understand though if you 'can't quite remember'."

Remember what? grin.gif