• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

was superman for sale

75 posts in this topic

Update: I just got an e-mail from "Crees". He's been disgusted by the posts in this thread. He has decided to leave the hobby. He will be selling his collection within the next few months through an auction house or a dealer.

Take that for whatever it's worth. Just passing it along.

:troll:

Update: I just got an e-mail from "Crees". He's been disgusted by the posts in this thread. He has decided to leave the hobby. He will be selling his collection within the next few months through an auction house or a dealer.

Take that for whatever it's worth. Just passing it along.

:banana:

FWIW this popped up today:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1005386&GSub=67153

Just so everyone is clear, I am not the David he mentions. In fact, it was suggested to me way back when that Crees Tyler aka Christophe Gomez and Alex B are the same person. I have no facts to support this but find the string of ownership ironic.

And the person who sold the piece to Crees is a really great collector named Mike, so I have no idea who this David is or if they even exist.

I'm just updating the record, otherwise I'm just chalking this up as another unsolved OA mystery.

Just so everyone is clear, I am not the David he mentions. In fact, it was suggested to me way back when that Crees Tyler aka Christophe Gomez and Alex B are the same person. I have no facts to support this but find the string of ownership ironic.

And the person who sold the piece to Crees is a really great collector named Mike, so I have no idea who this David is or if they even exist.

I'm just updating the record, otherwise I'm just chalking this up as another unsolved OA mystery.

It doesn't seem to be getting much traction, but the ComicArtDatabase seems to be the perfect place for a mystery like this.

I know everyone has there secret OA databases on their laptops, but weirdness like this gets lost in the shuffle.

Sorry for my confusion (haven't slept fully for a couple days)-

but it was a Walking Dead cover that was potentially going to be sold for 23K?

It wasn't just a WD cover, it was the Omnibus Vol. 1 cover. The eventual buyer has not come forward, so its still suspect as to whether or not it actually sold.

I used to own that covet and couldn't get anyone to buy it for $3K

:cry:

I now resume my self pity party of one :P

In fact, it was suggested to me way back when that Crees Tyler aka Christophe Gomez and Alex B are the same person. I have no facts to support this but find the string of ownership ironic.

Does anyone have any evidence to support this?

In fact, it was suggested to me way back when that Crees Tyler aka Christophe Gomez and Alex B are the same person. I have no facts to support this but find the string of ownership ironic.

The people that suggested it to me seemed to have strong feelings about it and wanted me to pose it to Crees when the above thread was occurring. They said that the scans by each were very similar.

At the time, I refused to ask because I had no evidence to suggest as much. But now with this cover showing up with Alex B and no evidence of it ever actually selling other than Crees saying so, it seemed to now warrant bringing it up.

The people that suggested it to me seemed to have strong feelings about it and wanted me to pose it to Crees when the above thread was occurring. They said that the scans by each were very similar.

At the time, I refused to ask because I had no evidence to suggest as much. But now with this cover showing up with Alex B and no evidence of it ever actually selling other than Crees saying so, it seemed to now warrant bringing it up.

Same scans? WORST. EVIDENCE. EVER.

Someone using someone else's scan when they buy OA is a common occurrence. Not everyone has a scanner and a lot of people use scans from previous owners that do have scanners. Displays better than a cell phone picture.

Heck, I know a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed that refused to buy off of my site. So he kissed the artist's , bought the art I had on my site and is using the watermarked scans in his CAF.

The people that suggested it to me seemed to have strong feelings about it and wanted me to pose it to Crees when the above thread was occurring.

This could be an easy mystery to solve. Jerry S purchased The Walking Dead 81 page 20 from Alex B on Ebay approximately three months ago. He could verify if the item really came from France and from the same person as one of the other identities.

There is no way to defend the seller's actions as he was obviously using a third party (real or not) to have an e-mail auction for the original piece in question. However, to be the devil's advocate, was there any actual loss of money or scam present in this entire situation?

It is clear to see from the seller's original e-mails that their intent to sell is vague, their character is questionable, and their English is far from clear. This does not excuse any of their actions, but it should make for an easy case to walk away from the transaction, chalking it up to a negative experience with an unreliable seller. In my personal honest opinion, when acting as a seller I only consider myself responsible for the final transaction once my direct response is sent to a firm and final offer, along with full payment instructions and cavets. The buyer is then responsible the moment they reply confirming these instructions, having one last chance to renegotiate or renege.

There was too much flexibility in the original correspondence. If the seller is unreliable or presents a fishy situation, the smart response is to walk away.

Heck, I know a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed that refused to buy off of my site. So he kissed the artist's , bought the art I had on my site and is using the watermarked scans in his CAF.

Wow! That's not so nice.

Wow! That's not so nice.

My response? or the d-bag move by the d-bag collector?

In either case, that's how I RollingSmiley.gif

Someone using someone else's scan when they buy OA is a common occurrence. Not everyone has a scanner and a lot of people use scans from previous owners that do have scanners. Displays better than a cell phone picture.

The "same scans" is the very least of the information regarding this guy. With everything I've seen happen the last thing you are going to want is to even seem like you are anywhere near defending this guy. I know you are just looking at what's written here but there's a lot more and it's pretty damning. Trust me.

Sorry for my confusion (haven't slept fully for a couple days)-

but it was a Walking Dead cover that was potentially going to be sold for 23K?

It wasn't just a WD cover, it was the Omnibus Vol. 1 cover. The eventual buyer has not come forward, so its still suspect as to whether or not it actually sold.

I used to own that covet and couldn't get anyone to buy it for $3K

:cry:

I now resume my self pity party of one :P

Good Job (thumbs u