• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

was superman for sale

75 posts in this topic

Just 3 questions :

1- Did David lose something ? No. Except a lot of time imagining he’s one of my countless “victims”, please if there are others come forward !

2- Did I receive a firm offer and confirm the deal to him ? No. Like dozens of other people who wanted that piece, he sent me a “what if” scenario, to test the water like so many do (and I have say YES to this scenario). But when he sent me a firm offer, I never accepted it.

3- Did I ask for a better offer from anyone else ? No. If I shopped his offer to anyone, please come forward.

Am I sorry ? Yes. I’m sorry that someone has spent hours willing to destroy my reputation, simply because he was disappointed and frustrated.

Get ONE person to come on here and publicly defend what you did as acceptable behavior. You were greedy and you were caught. If every single person - both here and in the probation thread - thinks you're in the wrong then doesn't some part of you think that maybe they might have a point?

Let me get this straight:

this guy accepted an offer and than accepted a higher offer from someone else and canceled the first transaction and was put on the probation list as a result and is now mad that people are pointing out he was on the probation list.

Also, he offers an item for sale and doesn't give a price? :rulez:

I will post one last message about this story because I have done nothing wrong and because I don't believe I have faulted or harmed anyone :

- First, I have not shopped his offer (20k$ for a piece that I have paid 6k$ 2 weeks before :) to the other buyer (who is also on this group… He can confirm it !).

- Yes, I have told him that we had a deal, but 1 minute later when I told to the other buyer the piece was sold (his frist offer was 18 or 19k$) he sends me a higher offer : 23k$.

- I have offered David 2 more opportunities to buy the cover than the other buyer (the last one was even under the offer of this buyer).

- Finally, it all happened in less than 1 hour.

Conclusion :

I decided to end our discussion and sell it to the other buyer when David started to insult me and make threats.

I have simply sold my cover (which was not for sale) to the highest offer (which was a crazy and stupid number)…

That’s it ! End of story !

This is how people who ethically conduct business read and handle this type of situation.

Wanting more money is not an excuse to break a deal you made.

This isn't that big of a hobby. All you have is your word and whether or not you honor that word.

Changing names won't avoid having to stand behind and deal with the consequences of your actions.

I’m sorry that someone has spent hours willing to destroy my reputation, simply because he was disappointed and frustrated.

You did that all on your own, in your own words, right here in this thread.

I will post one last message about this story because I have done nothing wrong and because I don't believe I have faulted or harmed anyone :

- First, I have not shopped his offer (20k$ for a piece that I have paid 6k$ 2 weeks before :) to the other buyer (who is also on this group… He can confirm it !).

- Yes, I have told him that we had a deal, but 1 minute later when I told to the other buyer the piece was sold (his frist offer was 18 or 19k$) he sends me a higher offer : 23k$.

- I have offered David 2 more opportunities to buy the cover than the other buyer (the last one was even under the offer of this buyer).

Conclusion :

I decided to end our discussion and sell it to the other buyer when David started to insult me and make threats.

I have simply sold my cover (which was not for sale) to the highest offer (which was a crazy and stupid number)…

Crees, I sold you this cover in Oct of 2009 through Albert for $8500, but in your post you mention having paid $6000 just a couple of weeks before offering it for sale in late 2012. Explanation?

Scott Williams

Conclusion :

Crees, I sold you this cover in Oct of 2009 through Albert for $8500, but in your post you mention having paid $6000 just a couple of weeks before offering it for sale in late 2012. Explanation?

Scott Williams

Scott - you sold it to someone else first who then sold it to Crees. I know this because that buyer just emailed me to learn more.

Also, Crees actually told me that he bought it for 10K in a prior email.

Scott Williams

Two different covers being discussed. I believe you're thinking about the Jim Lee Superman cover Crees is trying to sell. The "$6000" cover refers to another piece, a WALKING DEAD cover.

Conclusion :

Scott Williams

Scott - you sold it to someone else first who then sold it to Crees. I know this because that buyer just emailed me to learn more.

Also, Crees actually told me that he bought it for 10K in a prior email.

My sincere apologies. I do not want to confuse the issues being discussed. The other buyer was from France as well, but I misspoke. Again, my apologies to all concerned.

Scott Williams

Scott Williams

Two different covers being discussed. I believe you're thinking about the Jim Lee Superman cover Crees is trying to sell. The "$6000" cover refers to another piece, a WALKING DEAD cover.

Walking Dead cover? Holy cow, I am completely lost. That's what I get for coming into a discussion so late. I'll go back to lurking where I belong!

Scott

Scott Williams

Walking Dead cover? Holy cow, I am completely lost. That's what I get for coming into a discussion so late. I'll go back to lurking where I belong!

Scott

The OP is selling this cover (Superman). When called out for being on the Probation List, he denied doing anything wrong.

The issue for getting him on the Probation list is in regards to another piece of work (believe stated just now as a Walking Dead Cover)

Conclusion :

That is where the story should end...

^^greed, Not recommended seller.

Scott Williams

Scott

lol Can't blame you - this is quite the hot topic.

Someone making an offer after a deal is consummated (which both parties have said it was) is immaterial. Whether that deal is 5 minutes later, or a year later, doesnt matter.

If money and art were able to teleport via boom tube at the moment of consummation the deal would have already been completed and JMS would have 20k and dem1138 would have his art.

JMG said himself:

Which jives with what dem1139 said.

It's no different than emailing an ebay seller and offering over the closing bid on an auction that closed. And I think we all have the same negative opinion of a seller who is willing to re-neg on a closed deal in the interest of making more money, and with no interest in upholding and honoring an agreed-upon transaction.

At what point can we move JMG from the probation list to the Hall of Shame since he seems to have no interest in making things right (re-offering the piece at the same inflated price is not "making things right" JMG, its just doing the same mis-deed again)?

At what point can we move JMG from the probation list to the Hall of Shame since he seems to have no interest in making things right (re-offering the piece at the same inflated price is not "making things right" JMG, its just doing the same mis-deed again)?

I think there's some sort of nomination procedure in the PL thread. I am all for this. OA or comics - I don't think I'm interested in having a seller here openly admit and think it's okay to renege on a done deal. We don't need that on the boards.

Just 3 questions :

1- Did David lose something ? No. Except a lot of time imagining he’s one of my countless “victims”, please if there are others come forward !

2- Did I receive a firm offer and confirm the deal to him ? No. Like dozens of other people who wanted that piece, he sent me a “what if” scenario, to test the water like so many do (and I have say YES to this scenario). But when he sent me a firm offer, I never accepted it.

3- Did I ask for a better offer from anyone else ? No. If I shopped his offer to anyone, please come forward.

Am I sorry ? Yes. I’m sorry that someone has spent hours willing to destroy my reputation, simply because he was disappointed and frustrated.

You behaved as a dirtbag would behave. I'll leave it to posterity to decide whether you receive such nomenclature.