• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

was superman for sale

75 posts in this topic

So JMG openly admits his wrong doing, changes the title of this thread, edits his posts and deletes the image of the item he was so graciously offering to accept offers on?

Is this a record for the number of dooshbaggish actions an individual can take? Go directly to Hall of Shame, do not collect $200.....

So JMG openly admits his wrong doing, changes the title of this thread, edits his posts and deletes the image of the item he was so graciously offering to accept offers on?

Is this a record for the number of dooshbaggish actions an individual can take? Go directly to Hall of Shame, do not collect $200.....

Some have seen some of the antics and were quick to "quote" his posts for that very reason. lol

Sorry for my confusion (haven't slept fully for a couple days)-

but it was a Walking Dead cover that was potentially going to be sold for 23K?

It wasn't just a WD cover, it was the Omnibus Vol. 1 cover. The eventual buyer has not come forward, so its still suspect as to whether or not it actually sold.

It wasn't just a WD cover, it was the Omnibus Vol. 1 cover. The eventual buyer has not come forward, so its still suspect as to whether or not it actually sold.

I thought JMG said he decided to keep it (and later re-offered it to you a few different times at the inflated price)?

I thought JMG said he decided to keep it (and later re-offered it to you a few different times at the inflated price)?

We had a deal at 20K and then he offered it to me at 23.5K and then 21.5K after I kept making it clear to him that we had a deal at 20K and he was "sorry."

A few days later he told me he decided to keep it, which appears to be a lie based on his posts above where he says that he actually did sell it.

We had a deal at 20K and then he offered it to me at 23.5K and then 21.5K after I kept making it clear to him that we had a deal at 20K and he was "sorry."

A few days later he told me he decided to keep it, which appears to be a lie based on his posts above where he says that he actually did sell it.

Is JMG the person who has it posted over at CAF?

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=291119&GSub=45151

the first comment is from the person who sounds like he sold it to him...

Is JMG the person who has it posted over at CAF?

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=291119&GSub=45151

the first comment is from the person who sounds like he sold it to him...

That's from years ago....the guy just never took it down.

In my dealing and communications there have been three names used:

Crees Tyler

Chris (or Christophe) Gomez

Jean-Marc Perez

How many aliases does he have?

I know of 3. There may be a 4th.

Shouldn't we know the aliases as well?

See the post above yours.

Wow, usually you always say "there are two sides to every story" but in this case it looks like there is only one.

First guy makes offer

Second guy accepts

First guys dances

Second guy gets higher offer and backs out of deal/tries to squeeze more money from first guy

First guy sad but doesn't keep quiet

Second guy is clueless why first guy is upset with him canceling a contract

All other guys (and gals) agree second guy is a tool.

Wow, usually you always say "there are two sides to every story" but in this case it looks like there is only one.

First guy makes offer

Second guy accepts

First guys dances

Second guy gets higher offer and backs out of deal/tries to squeeze more money from first guy

more manipulative version of the scenario

First guy makes offer

Second guy accepts

First guys dances

Second guy gets higher offer thinks he could have gotten more so he makes up a second offer, backs out of deal/tries to squeeze more money from first guy

This thread is ridiculous. Can't even believe this guy is trying to defend himself. Dave is one of the most stand up guys anyone could ever hope to encounter. Even if JMG hadn't admitted he had a deal in place, I wouldn't have any questions into the legitimacy of Dave's story. And I'd bet my houses that nobody who has ever had dealing with him would either.

Totally laughable.

Update: I just got an e-mail from "Crees". He's been disgusted by the posts in this thread. He has decided to leave the hobby. He will be selling his collection within the next few months through an auction house or a dealer.

Take that for whatever it's worth. Just passing it along.

Update: I just got an e-mail from "Crees". He's been disgusted by the posts in this thread. He has decided to leave the hobby. He will be selling his collection within the next few months through an auction house or a dealer.

Take that for whatever it's worth. Just passing it along.

What if someone offers him more than the auction house gets? :eek:

This is a hobby where every piece is unique, every deal is unique, and word of people either keeping or breaking their word travels at the speed of light.

It sounds cliche but all you have in this hobby is your integrity and your word. Without those it's uphill, both ways, in a snow storm.

People who appreciate art, and have the means to indulge that appreciation at this level are usually educated enough and savvy enough to be aware when they are being played or when someone's gaming them.

It's a mistake for anyone to enter this hobby and think they are picking the pockets of a bunch of rubes.

Perhaps another hobby would be better for Crees/Chris/Jean-Marc/Whatever.