• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, october said:

GoG is probably my favorite internet site in the history of the internet. 

Replaying childhood/teenage PC games has been such a blast. 

It was my goto source for Inifinty Engine games for years. Recently Steam has added those as well but GoG will always be my sentimental favorite.

27 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

It was my goto source for Inifinty Engine games for years. Recently Steam has added those as well but GoG will always be my sentimental favorite.

Love me some Infinity Engine. BG 1&2 are my favorite RPGs of all time. I still haven't, to my everlasting shame, played Planescape Torment. 

Some other favorites from that site are Castles 2, Masters of Orion 2, Betrayal at Krondor....and most especially Heroes of Might and Magic 3.....the list just goes on and on! They are so ridiculously cheap too. 

Edited by october

9 minutes ago, october said:

Love me some Infinity Engine. BG 1&2 are my favorite RPGs of all time. I still haven't, to my everlasting shame, played Planescape Torment. 

Some other favorites from that site are Castles 2, Masters of Orion 2, Betrayal at Krondor....and most especially Heroes of Might and Magic 3.....the list just goes on and on! They are so ridiculously cheap too. 

To this day PlaneScape Torment remains my favorite RPG ever played.I have never been sucked into a games narrative to the extent that Planescape captured me. I may have to replay the enhanced edition now that you've got me thinking about these old gems.

23 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

To this day PlaneScape Torment remains my favorite RPG ever played.I have never been sucked into a games narrative to the extent that Planescape captured me. I may have to replay the enhanced edition now that you've got me thinking about these old gems.

I owned the game at one point, and I downloaded it from GOG, but just never got around to playing it. I've heard from many people that it's on the top RPG of all time list. Someday....probably when my kids are no longer 3 years old and 6 months old. 

In the meantime I'm going to pick up a NES classic. 20 minutes for Double Dragon II is more manageable. 

A good year for Spider-Man.

For historical purposes.

Marvel’s Spider-Man is Now The Fastest Selling Superhero Game.

https://gamerant.com/spider-man-superhero-game-sales/

Marvel’s Spider-Man has been breaking all kinds of records since the game launched in September, and now it has another accolade to hang on its belt—it is the fastest selling superhero game of all time in the US.

It’s certainly impressive that Spider-Man continues to set records including this one, but the game has been a favorite straight out of the gate. It quickly became Sony’s fastest selling game of the year beating out the PS4’s other huge first-party exclusive, God of War. But perhaps, most impressive is that Spider-Man was able to set many of its records as a PS4-exclusive. Arkham Knight released on multiple platforms and yet Spider-Man has still managed to best it as the fastest-selling superhero game.

Du3O6UyUYAAP0DN.jpg

If you get 1up arcade machine for 200$ or less than why not? I tried the SF2 cabinet recently:

-the build quality not that bad actually 
-lcd screen just horrible. TN-panel garbage which don't have any viewing angles which sucks because the cabinet is so small
-SF2 plays just fine