• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Final Fantasy XIV Free Trial No Longer Time-Restricted

The Final Fantasy XIV free trial has unequipped its 14-day time restriction. Free trial players are now able to access all content up to level 35 without any clock ticking the play time away! Adventurers can try out awesome jobs, test their skills on the first 10 levels of the Deep Dungeon and indulge in all the activities the Gold Saucer has to offer, such as Chocobo Racing!

The time restriction has been removed from all free trial accounts – even the expired accounts will be brought back to life, allowing players to continue their previous adventures. If you tried the free trial before but time flew by too fast, you can come back and pick up exactly where you left off with the same character!

Bump...

My friend is moving into a much smaller place, and decided to jettison his entire retro game collection. I ended up with about a dozen systems and 300-400 games. Here are some shots. 

I hadn't owned a Saturn or Dreamcast prior to this, and both systems are excellent. Great arcade ports, fighting games, Shmups, and the best 2D has to offer. There are a lot of imports I am really looking forward to playing too. About fell out of my chair when I saw a lone Genesis game buried in a box full of AV cables and it turned out to be MUSHA. 

Comics are on the back burner for awhile....

23_zpsrjhotxjc.jpg

5_zpsbtbsw3fy.jpg

1_zpsn3madva8.jpg

4_zpsgdllpc93.jpg

2_zpsjxrv3ief.jpg

I still don't have a PS4, and recently completed Bioshock Infinite on PS3, working my way up to eventually cracking it in the hardest 1999 mode, which isn't too bad as long as you choose the right upgrades.  One of the most enjoyable FPS games I've ever played, with a great and surprisingly complex parallel universe story.

On 4/10/2017 at 2:20 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Nice! I remember playing that PS Castlevania game on Christmas break in college. Love that game!...and the GBA Castlevania and Metroid!

Metroid was scary when I was young when I played it,especially the music. I would love to see Metroid as a movie.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

19 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Metroid was scary when I was young when I played it,especially the music. I would love to see Metroid as a movie.

Doom on PS1 had very creepy background music.

On 4/14/2017 at 8:59 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I still don't have a PS4, and recently completed Bioshock Infinite on PS3, working my way up to eventually cracking it in the hardest 1999 mode, which isn't too bad as long as you choose the right upgrades.  One of the most enjoyable FPS games I've ever played, with a great and surprisingly complex parallel universe story.

Really something special. A pleasant surprise this video games series.

On 4/26/2017 at 4:50 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Doom on PS1 had very creepy background music.

I remember playing Doom for an all nighter in my college dorm so much that we lost the power at 3 am in the morning. What made it so much worse was the next day it was in the high 90s, so we had no Air Conditioner that day because of no power. Yep, well worth it though because Doom was a classic!

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

10 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Favorite Classic PC game is Blood which I believe was available for Windows 95. I have no idea how to play it anymore without a version of DOS built into the PC. I've tried DOS alternatives but have had no luck with them.

https://www.gog.com/game/one_unit_whole_blood

6 hours ago, RedRaven said:

Yes. They provide a wrapper for a DOS emulator in which you can run  the game. 

I'm going to go broke this next month. ;)  Can you play the games any time after the initial purchase or ddo you have to be on their site?

14 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I'm going to go broke this next month. ;)  Can you play the games any time after the initial purchase or ddo you have to be on their site?

GoG games will be downloads local to your computer. I won't go into the details as it may be illegal for some games, but almost all DOS games can be found emulated in the browser on many different websites. GoG is one of the legitimate ways to replay these games. 

Can’t believe I’ve never seen this thread before! 

Anyone playing don’t starve on the PS4? I’m always looking for someone to start a new world with.

Just finished the remake of shadow of the colossus. Still an absolutely incredible game!