• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Nice Setup Neurosis! (thumbs u

Alright, you guys have pushed me past the tipping point, I am going to bust out all my old systems and fire them up this weekend.

I have a Coleco Vision, Atari 2600, NES, SNES, N64, PS2, and Sega CD somewhere in the garage.

I remember many of the games that I used to play but what games do you guys play that have withstood the test of time and are still enjoyable? Do you guys recommend playing them on the original systems or should I fork over some coin for the flashback systems?

There's a lot of games from those systems that still look great nowadays, even for non-retro gamers. Any particular system you want to play? i recommend SNES! :luhv:

Wifey and I are enjoying Borderlands 2 right now. Lots of fun blowing stuff up, and enough RPG elements to satisfy my loot collecting OCD. Most fun co-op play since saints row, IMHO. Also anybody on Xbox live should check out Happy Wars, it's free to download and fun to play.

Wifey and I are enjoying Borderlands 2 right now. Lots of fun blowing stuff up, and enough RPG elements to satisfy my loot collecting OCD. Most fun co-op play since saints row, IMHO. Also anybody on Xbox live should check out Happy Wars, it's free to download and fun to play.

Did not like Happy Wars at all. Maybe I just did not get the hang of it. Send me a friend request on Xbox....if you playing it you can show me how to play it. GT frank13254

Since there is a movie thread and I know for a fact a lot of you guys are retrogamers/gamers I thought we should have a thread for sharing our latest finds, what are we playing and collections...

Pour yourself a nice beer, share some photos and let your inner gamer nerd run wild!

:headbang:

Sweet! Well my favorite game in the collection changes all the time but right now its this. True first print, sealed.

Sure, its a common game, common sealed even but you're talking white seal variants (4th print). At best you find a gold seal (3rd) but you're not finding a hangtab (2nd). If you're lucky enough to find a hangtab, it sure as heck won't be a sticker sealed (1st). This is the only sticker sealed one I've seen and I've been collecting 11 years. And then its high grade as well. :cloud9: And what is really by far the most important game on the NES and the most important game nintendo ever published. IMHO.

P1000071.JPG

thanks!

I like NES and SNES equally.

Actually my gaming setup is pretty humble, I don't like a lot of stuff everywhere.

Right now I just have a NES plugged into my bigscreen, that's it.

I do recommend powerpaks for anyone rocking NES though (see retrousb.com ).

You can put all 700 games onto one cartridge and then that one cartridge sits in your machine and you never have to swap anything out. Highly recommend and AV modded toploader as well (available on ebay).

You get those two things and you will have a 100% reliable machine (no blowing, no repairs) and never have to swap out another cartridge again (no cleaning).

Its perfect! :cloud9:

(powerpaks are also available for SNES)

Here's my office game setup:

systems_zpsc3df3832.jpg

From right to left....Sega CDX and 32X, NES toploader, Sega Saturn, Turboduo?

(thumbs u I have one of those NES top loaders too (thumbs u

work every time