• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Anyone preorder a Nintendo Switch?

I have to see more games before I consider picking one up. While I'm sure they're great, I need more then Zelda 24, Mario 52, and Mario Kart 458.

Zelda looks to be a game-changer for the series, I think this is the first Mario game that is a true follow-up to galaxy.

So I have my WiiU setup to play "all of my classic games" and when I go to play NES Punchout I'm noticing a delay, so much so that I can't even beat Mr. Sandman anymore. Anyone see any/have ideas for a tv stand that will hold both a 46" HDTV and a 30" CRT flat screen? I can get a flat screen for like $20 and am tempted to just to hook my WiiU up to it for nostalgia (shrug)

Jerome

So I have my WiiU setup to play "all of my classic games" and when I go to play NES Punchout I'm noticing a delay, so much so that I can't even beat Mr. Sandman anymore. Anyone see any/have ideas for a tv stand that will hold both a 46" HDTV and a 30" CRT flat screen? I can get a flat screen for like $20 and am tempted to just to hook my WiiU up to it for nostalgia (shrug)

Jerome

set your tv to game mode.

I have to see more games before I consider picking one up. While I'm sure they're great, I need more then Zelda 24, Mario 52, and Mario Kart 458.

Zelda looks to be a game-changer for the series, I think this is the first Mario game that is a true follow-up to galaxy.

There was a Super Mario Galaxy 2 though.... I didn't feel it captured the magic of the first which I devoted a lot of time to.

I haven't seen clips from the Zelda game. Does it look that legit? OoT is one of my top 3 all time.

Edit: The Zelda does look cool, but I really didn't like Skyward Sword. I'll wait for reviews before a I jump in.

Edited by ChrisInBaltimore

Jerome

That might not make a difference. That is more a color thing than a lag thing. I've heard the lag makes a big deal with some TVs. Some hardcore streamers swear by the "Gaming Monitors."

How is it hooked up? I've heard that can make a difference. The cable could be bad.

Funny you notice it that bad. Not to be a , but are you sure you just aren't as good? I remember owning in Street Fighter 2, but I stink when I try to play now. Same with NBA Jam.

Edited by ChrisInBaltimore

Jerome

This. I play Mike Tyson's punch out all the time with my WiiU and it's perfectly fine

There was a Super Mario Galaxy 2 though.... I didn't feel it captured the magic of the first which I devoted a lot of time to.

I haven't seen clips from the Zelda game. Does it look that legit? OoT is one of my top 3 all time.

Edit: The Zelda does look cool, but I really didn't like Skyward Sword. I'll wait for reviews before a I jump in.

They are making a Wii U version too. Check out the side-by-side comparison videos. There's a noticeable difference but I don't think the Switch version is really that much better. If the game ends up to be a must play I'd rather just pick up a cheap used Wii U and play it. Only other Switch game that would be a must play for me would be a new Metroid.

I need a follow up to Super Mario RPG.

I need a follow up to Super Mario RPG.

YES!

But will never happen. I can't see Square cooperating

yeah I think that was the last Mario story game because I think the follow ups were more for family play.

They are making a Wii U version too. Check out the side-by-side comparison videos. There's a noticeable difference but I don't think the Switch version is really that much better. If the game ends up to be a must play I'd rather just pick up a cheap used Wii U and play it. Only other Switch game that would be a must play for me would be a new Metroid.

You too, eh?

Thing that gets me is that we've seen quite a stretch of Vvardenfell already through the Ebonheart Pact, haven't we?

None of it yet. We've been to mainland Morrowind, but Vvardenfell is the big island that TES 3 took place on, and it's been off limits so far.

I can't wait to try out the Warden class, too. ESO has needed a new class for a long time.

Been waiting 20 years for the FFVII remake.

Ah, Jam, I didn't play Morrowind. Thought maybe there was more to it.

I really wish they'd just get on with it already. Elswyer and Black Marsh are all that's really left. I was really hoping TES 6 was going to be Elsweyr, but after seeing the mythology in ESO, I don't care for it all that much. Dro'Mothra and all that is kinda just ..... . It's not well done.

Been waiting 20 years for the FFVII remake.

Ah, Jam, I didn't play Morrowind. Thought maybe there was more to it.

I really wish they'd just get on with it already. Elswyer and Black Marsh are all that's really left. I was really hoping TES 6 was going to be Elsweyr, but after seeing the mythology in ESO, I don't care for it all that much. Dro'Mothra and all that is kinda just ..... . It's not well done.

It's worth checking out Morrowind. Yes, at this point the graphics are dated, and the combat was mess even at the time it came out. But it's still one of my favorite games ever. No waypoints, limited fast travel, you actually had to read every word of text just to know where the hell you were supposed to go. Huge skill customization compared to later elder scroll games, a magic creation system that let you make any damn spell you could think of, and all your choices actually mattered. You couldn't be grandmaster of the mages guild, fighters guild, thieves guild, etc, because they were against each other. So were the 3 political houses in Vvardenfell that you could join. I always went house telvanni, because I wanted a mushroom house. :D

Add to that the crazy landscape of Morrowind compared to the rest of Tamriel, which you see some of already in ESO, and the giant volcano Red Mountain in the middle of the island. Such a great game. :cloud9:

There's a reason Bethesda had Vvardenfell destroyed in the lore by the time Skyrim came out, because people like me wouldn't shut the :censored: up about bringing it back, or putting out a remaster. lol