The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,583 posts in this topic

13,504 posts
29 minutes ago, october said:

GoG is probably my favorite internet site in the history of the internet. 

Replaying childhood/teenage PC games has been such a blast. 

It was my goto source for Inifinty Engine games for years. Recently Steam has added those as well but GoG will always be my sentimental favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,117 posts
27 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

It was my goto source for Inifinty Engine games for years. Recently Steam has added those as well but GoG will always be my sentimental favorite.

Love me some Infinity Engine. BG 1&2 are my favorite RPGs of all time. I still haven't, to my everlasting shame, played Planescape Torment. 

Some other favorites from that site are Castles 2, Masters of Orion 2, Betrayal at Krondor....and most especially Heroes of Might and Magic 3.....the list just goes on and on! They are so ridiculously cheap too. 

Edited by october

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95 posts

Glad I found this thread, this forum has a bit of everything...

 

Can't wait for this...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,504 posts
9 minutes ago, october said:

Love me some Infinity Engine. BG 1&2 are my favorite RPGs of all time. I still haven't, to my everlasting shame, played Planescape Torment. 

Some other favorites from that site are Castles 2, Masters of Orion 2, Betrayal at Krondor....and most especially Heroes of Might and Magic 3.....the list just goes on and on! They are so ridiculously cheap too. 

To this day PlaneScape Torment remains my favorite RPG ever played.I have never been sucked into a games narrative to the extent that Planescape captured me. I may have to replay the enhanced edition now that you've got me thinking about these old gems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32,117 posts
23 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

To this day PlaneScape Torment remains my favorite RPG ever played.I have never been sucked into a games narrative to the extent that Planescape captured me. I may have to replay the enhanced edition now that you've got me thinking about these old gems.

I owned the game at one point, and I downloaded it from GOG, but just never got around to playing it. I've heard from many people that it's on the top RPG of all time list. Someday....probably when my kids are no longer 3 years old and 6 months old. 

In the meantime I'm going to pick up a NES classic. 20 minutes for Double Dragon II is more manageable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439 posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439 posts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439 posts
20 hours ago, IkewithMike said:

Glad I found this thread, this forum has a bit of everything...

 

Can't wait for this...

 

yeah your the only one it looks so good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439 posts

I guess Rockstar is on a whole other level when it comes to games.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,504 posts

Wish that wasn't a PS4 exclusive. Would love to play it on the PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439 posts
3 hours ago, RedRaven said:

Wish that wasn't a PS4 exclusive. Would love to play it on the PC.

which game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,439 posts

I can't wait for next year so many games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
156 posts

Having just purchased a gaming rig after 6 years of running on a old laptop I am finally getting back into it. Currently testing all of my settings on Assassins Creed: Black Flag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,166 posts

A good year for Spider-Man.

For historical purposes.

Marvel’s Spider-Man is Now The Fastest Selling Superhero Game.

https://gamerant.com/spider-man-superhero-game-sales/

Marvel’s Spider-Man has been breaking all kinds of records since the game launched in September, and now it has another accolade to hang on its belt—it is the fastest selling superhero game of all time in the US.

It’s certainly impressive that Spider-Man continues to set records including this one, but the game has been a favorite straight out of the gate. It quickly became Sony’s fastest selling game of the year beating out the PS4’s other huge first-party exclusive, God of War. But perhaps, most impressive is that Spider-Man was able to set many of its records as a PS4-exclusive. Arkham Knight released on multiple platforms and yet Spider-Man has still managed to best it as the fastest-selling superhero game.

Du3O6UyUYAAP0DN.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159 posts

Bums me out so much as a Spider-Fan that that was a PS4 exclusive. Darn you Sony and your precious exclusivity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,116 posts

Has anyone purchased the 1 up arcade games? I really want to get the one with Gauntlet, Rampage, Joust and Defender but I hear there are a few bugs in the game.

rampage.thumb.jpg.91ac3722427cc4c7933711b08402410f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115 posts

If you get 1up arcade machine for 200$ or less than why not? I tried the SF2 cabinet recently:

-the build quality not that bad actually 
-lcd screen just horrible. TN-panel garbage which don't have any viewing angles which sucks because the cabinet is so small
-SF2 plays just fine

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1