• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Open Letter to PayPal

27 posts in this topic

If the card isn't present, I believe Square has a $1000 limit per month on typing in the number remotely (card not present). Also, the fee for card not present is 3.25% not 2.75%, IIRC. I'm a happy Square user in person but still stick with Paypal virtual termiinal if I have to input a card.

I've been using square heavily for the past year, with no problem. I regularly run >$1000 charges w/ no problem. I was also able to request an elevated monthly limit and can do up to $7000 of non-swipe charges. Go figure-the link above does give one reason to be concerned, though.

I started selling again after being out of the loop and was floored at the fees charged by ebay and paypal. It's atrocious. For the average Joe, it's a big hit to the gut when you have to hand over 12% or more. It also sucks that ebay monopolizes the payment method, only PP. Original intentions were good with protecting the people from scams, but it got too big of a beast.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone got POd enough to go after them for violating Federal law.

It has been in the works for about half a decade. I am highly looking forward to being apart of this after all the times PP has screwed me over as a seller and a buyer. I am somewhat small time ($100,000 in payments received in the last 4 years and about $80,000 in payments sent) but I have been with both eBay and PayPal since the beginning and it has been headache after headache.

Glad to finally see a class action going through and I will gladly accept any money from it that I will qualify for.

My wife's account has been locked down for 6-months. The amount of information they wanted was well beyond unreasonable. To the point of making the IRS look user friendly. As a private company they have one job: to transfer funds. They got into bed with EBay by choice. Now I have to buy women's jogging suits via my account.

I was wondering how long it would be before someone got POd enough to go after them for violating Federal law.

It has been in the works for about half a decade. I am highly looking forward to being apart of this after all the times PP has screwed me over as a seller and a buyer. I am somewhat small time ($100,000 in payments received in the last 4 years and about $80,000 in payments sent) but I have been with both eBay and PayPal since the beginning and it has been headache after headache.

Glad to finally see a class action going through and I will gladly accept any money from it that I will qualify for.

Really???

CAL who really dislikes those who throw stones while living in glass houses...