• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PayPal Silence?

7 posts in this topic

I sent a couple of payments via Paypal in the last few days. I recall not being able to get into PayPal after entering my name/password - the pahe kept returning an error (forget which one). Finally made it through but neither I nor the recipients have received PayPal Confirmations via email, although the transactions do show on the account page.

Anyone else having this problem?

My God! You'd better believe there's something wrong with PayPal. A hacker grabbed their codes and transferred the funds of God knows how many of their accounts to overseas banks. It seems that many responded to the scam emails sent out about confirming passwords. PayPal never sent any such emails even though they came from an email address info@updatePayPal.com . They also managed to access OTHER accounts through PayPal's system of those that DIDN'T respond. There's a whole lot of people out a whole lot of money. You can call PayPal directly to get more info on this event. Better check, your account may have been tampered with!

My God! You'd better believe there's something wrong with paypal.

This has made me decide to open a second checking account - unlinked to my main one. It will have an absolute minimum in it. If I need to make a paypal payment I will just transfer the amount needed and make the transaction.

Seems to me everybody should do this all the time. Even if it's not thieves ripping money out of your account, people tell me that PayPal will do it if a buyer decides they'd like to keep your item AND get their money back too! Something's wrong with the law if prudence calls for a "shield" account with PayPal...

I'd get rid of paypal but out of the 6 times I've had an auction on eBay..these insufficiently_thoughtful_person buyers just send me a paypal payment immediately w/o asking. It's just not worth it to me..that's another reason why I trade. wink.gif

Brian