• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jupiter's Children

526 posts in this topic

Frank is one of my favorite artists. If this is an ongoing I hope he started working on it 5 years ago because he is NOT a monthly artist. Not even sure if he can do 5 issues in a year. So either he has a bunch of issues in the can already or we'll be seeing a new artist after the first or second arc.

Would love if it was all contained in maybe 12 issues and all done by one artist.

you don't do 5 covers of a limited series.....you also don't call it an 'epic' if it's limited.

Well, I don't think you should use the term epic unless it's 2010, but um, cool, i guess.

I also think the use of "epic" as a proof point is epic in an entirely different sense. :screwy:

Just to let everyone know that Supercrooks 4 has a preview of "Jupiter's Children." I don't know if this is the first one, but you might as well pick it up when you can with prices of Morning Glories #14, 3 Story, etc. skyrocketing. Mark Millar was also talking about doing another movie with this series, but that's no new news with him. I'll post pictures in a little.

I read this on Wiki:

"Quitely is the artist on Jupiter's Children, a 10 issue, creator-owned miniseries published by Image Comics beginning in September 2012. It is written by Mark Millar, who described the project as "his Star Wars", and a cross between Lord of the Rings and a large-scale superhero crossover, albeit one that will not require the in-depth knowledge normally required of such stories, as it will feature entirely new characters."

Secondary Source

But when I went to the primary source (where this information is supposed to have come from) I could not verify it...

Primary Source

So....... (shrug)

Edited by ItsJustRyan

Speculation aside, I love the concept, and I hope it does well. The creative team is top notch. Let's hope they stay on schedule.

Agree...Hate reading and then waiting an extra month or two. Or worse forgetting about it altogether until I see the tpb on the shelves.

Yeah sounds awesome from the interview. Thanks Larry for the info.

From the CBR info looks like Frank can do 3 pages a week. Not bad :P

Glad to hear it will be all done by Frank.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43620

Maybe when the book is done, you'll have saved America, Mark.

[Laughs] But really, speaking of the book being done, I'm so pleased with how Frank Quitely's been doing on this. He's amazing. An honor to be working with him. The plan is for this first volume to be ten issues long. It'll be five issues, a break and then five issues again. And he's been bang on. He's doing at least three pages a week. We're shipping it bi-monthly, and we're in great shape. If we speed it up, even better, but it's pretty good so far.