• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are "massively" restored books worth?

3 posts in this topic

Any comic professionally restored from a good to a Very Fine is currently generally valued where? "Good" or is it"Very Good" guide price. Also, has this changed in the last 2 - 3 years. I am hearing that this type of restoration now generally worth VG Overstreet and it used to be valued at only Good. Is this true? Does anybody know, or does it come down to "what you're willing to pay? Anybody have opinions? I am giving some serious thought in trading an undersirable slice of my collection for a restored FF 1 and I don't know what to do.

HELP??????

Comes down to what u are willing to pay or what someone is willing to bid that day for a restored bk. If u can trade off a box of overstock to get a vintage resto FF 1, why not pull the trigger? It is still the mother of all silver age Marvels & should sit higher on the hierarchy than AF 15 or ASM 1 smirk.gif IMHO.

"It is still the mother of all silver age Marvels & should sit higher on the hierarchy than AF 15 or ASM 1 IMHO. "

I hear so many people saying this about FF #1. It is the market that sets the price, and however many people cry about it, there just isn't a big market for fantastic four books. I can only see this figure shrinking too, Spidey is a media icon and the FF are popular.....well, only in the minds of silver age collectors.

Prepare for the gap between AF #15 and FF #1 to get wider and wider as the years go on. The significance of FF #1 is diminishing with time.