• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale: 4400+ Vintage Comics 1849-1980: MEDICAL EMERGENCY

77 posts in this topic

Best of luck with everything and keep us updated. You'll find the board is pretty generous when these kinds of things happen.

I am finding that out and thanks for the kind words. I would not be here hat in hand if it was about me. When I was able to do shows in the recent past, Katy was there helping out, off & on, since she was two in 1981. This has been an eye opener learning about this Syndrome and how to try to heal it.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I can't say I've been through what you're going through as a parent should never have to see their child suffering. I was in a car accident 13 years ago and am now a quadraplegic, so all I will say is these things get better, and as long as she has family, you will make it through ok. I'll take these...

silver surfer 2 $124

silver surfer 5 $228

silver surfer 12 $148

ams 5 $460

sub mariner 1 $388

justice league 9 3 $40

justice league 38 $280

showcase 35 $392

fantastic four 1 $2960

:golfclap:

+1,000

:golfclap:

Best wishes for your daughter's recovery. God bless.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I can't say I've been through what you're going through as a parent should never have to see their child suffering. I was in a car accident 13 years ago and am now a quadraplegic, so all I will say is these things get better, and as long as she has family, you will make it through ok. I'll take these...

silver surfer 2 $124

silver surfer 5 $228

silver surfer 12 $148

ams 5 $460

sub mariner 1 $388

justice league 9 3 $40

justice league 38 $280

showcase 35 $392

fantastic four 1 $2960

I humbly thank you, sir. I took the rest of this in to CGC PM system with further thoughts for you re what she is going thru.

I also wish to point out here I misfiled the FF #1 I have a few months ago in my 4000 sq ft warehouse when some one called to get what I call a "perimeter check" of the book. It then got underneath some other stuff and, well it is what it is.

Ever since the hip joints finally went bone on bone zero cartilage summer 2006 at the Chicago Wizard show, then was canceled by HMO Aetna a few months later citing "undisclosed" pre-existing condition, my world collapsed.

I was blessed to finally get repaired in Oct 2009 followed by a couple more years of healing when both are replaced on the same day. However, I still can not heft the comics boxes around like in days of yore, and those days are not coming back. I misplace a stray book all the time. There is always a sifitng process goign on, it will eventually turn up. I know where 99.5% of the ebay listings are at any one time.

Even so, the balance, plus what others have stepped forward to add to their collections/holdings, it all makes a good stab at what I need to raise for her.

Long ways to go yet on this path. I wish i was making all this up, but am not. If you know Katy from the shows over the years, etc, please, help her out now.

She woke up a bit ago at her apartment, called me a bit ago, I informed her that the cavalry seems to be arriving to help her dig out of this nighmare.

There is so much which is not covered by Medicaid. More doctor visits so far than I ever imagined -just so far. Four doctors are involved plus side bar help.

From the bottom of my heart, I say "thank you"

Best of luck to your daughter.

BLB has superior shipping.. have purchased him from him in the past.

Gonna look what i can purchase.

Best of luck thoughs and prayers go put to her..

god bless

Muaythai

Katy has now read this thread. She asked me for the URL earlier this evening. She is thankful, so am I, even more so I am humbled. It is a long way back to the top if you want to rock & roll as they say once upon a time in that proverbial galaxy far far away.

Thanks for pointing out I package orders up like I like to receive from others on a wishful thinking plane. All orders are well secured against movement any where in the world. Have safely shipped in to 36+ countries now. All continents except (yet) Antartica. Because of the time zone being dealt in, i tend to work the warehouse noon till early in the morning. Again, I thank every one for this initial outporing of good will & vibes. Still a lomg ways to go to climb out of this.

silver surfer 2 $124

silver surfer 5 $228

silver surfer 12 $148

ams 5 $460

sub mariner 1 $388

justice league 9 3 $40

justice league 38 $280

showcase 35 $392

fantastic four 1 $2960

Awesome.

Bob, I'll take Mysterious Stories # 3 @ $ 60 if it's still available.....maybe more later but money's tight this week. GOD BLESS......

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. P.M. me with payment details.

Robert,

I'm so sorry to hear the news. It's hard for me to imagine what your daughter's going through. My two girls mean the world to me, so I can at least in some way imagine what you're going through.

Top start with, I'll take one of those great old prints of a GA comic book rack.

Comic Book Rack print

I'll definitely some old books as well. When I get some time, before this weekend, I'll peruse the rest of your offerings.

Thanks for letting us know what's going on, and giving us an opportunity to provide what support we can.

Wishing all the best for you and your family.

-Steve

I've met Katy at a few shows and she's a real sweetheart of a person.

Wishing you the best with her treatment and recovery, Robert.

(thumbs u

Hello Bob,

I’m very sad to hear about your daughter but have faith and be as much serene as possible and close to her, and everything will go the best way.

I pledge to remember you in my prayers. :foryou:

I’ll take these from your eBay listings, would love to buy more but I’ve over-spent all over last year.

(TIMELESS) TOPIX COMICS v3 #4 9.2 NM- DEC 1944

(TIMELESS) TOPIX COMICS v3 #2 5.0 VGF OCT 44

I’ll send you an email for the details, as I may decide to have those shipped to a board friend in the US.

Real sad story bro! :( Best of luck with all that stuff! :wishluck:

Pull these books for me.

WYATT EARP 15 4.0 VG 1958 MARVEL ATLAS WESTERN 19.20

TWO-GUN KID 26 4.5 VG+ 1955 MARVEL ATLAS WESTERN 31.20

HOMER THE HAPPY GHOST 11 5.0 VGF 1956 MARVEL ATLAS 20.80

HOMER, THE HAPPY GHOST 10 6.0 FINE 1956 MARVEL DE CARLO 32.00

BATTLE 63 5.0 VGF 1959 MARVEL ATLAS WAR STEVE DITKO 36.00

CARTOON KIDS 1 7.0 FVF 1957 MARVEL ATLAS SCARCE JOE MANEELY DEXTER WILLIE ZELDA 40.00

HOMER, THE HAPPY GHOST 9 6.5 FINE+ 1956 MARVEL DE CARLO 36.80

HOMER, THE HAPPY GHOST 14 6.0 FINE 1957 MARVEL DE CARLO 32.00

HOMER, THE HAPPY GHOST 13 5.5 FINE- '57 MARVEL DE CARLO 28.00

BATTLE 66 5.5 Fi- 1959 MARVEL ATLAS KIRBY DAVIS SEVERIN 60.00

BATTLE #1 4.5 VG+ 1951 MARVEL ATLAS KOREAN WAR 64.00

BATTLE 65 5.5 FINE- 1959 MARVEL ATLAS TWO KIRBY STORIES 52.00

PATSY WALKER 81 4.5 VG+ 1959 MARVEL ATLAS ROMANCE 20.00

PATSY WALKER 84 4.0 VG 1959 MARVEL ATLAS ROMANCE 16.00

BATTLE 62 3.5 VG- 1959 MARVEL ATLAS KOREAN WAR 17.60

WORLD OF FANTASY 18 5.5 FINE- 1959 MARVEL ATLAS JACK KIRBY STEVE DITKO HORROR 80.00

silver surfer 2 $124

silver surfer 5 $228

silver surfer 12 $148

ams 5 $460

sub mariner 1 $388

justice league 9 3 $40

justice league 38 $280

showcase 35 $392

fantastic four 1 $2960

Awesome.

+ a million

Man I hope things get better for you and your daughter.

It looks like she's had a real string of bad luck with one treatment leading to another problem and then another.

:(

Bob, I'll take Mysterious Stories # 3 @ $ 60 if it's still available.....maybe more later but money's tight this week. GOD BLESS......

Many thanks for the order, will PM details. This is a neat Woodbridge whom i think remains vastly under-rated.

Also am trying to be transparent here. Was wrapped up dealing with Katy's scenarios. I truly wish I was simply making all this up. Just about gotten to wit's end how to cope with what attacked her body systems.

I am truly humbled by initial outpouring from you guys as I know I have been a bit currmugeonly cranky in the past on the CGC boards, but those are other issues. This is one of my kids, and she is in trouble - and a long slow healing process is is proving to be.

I think it is just dawning on her how close to death Katy got last month just two days before the most famous birthday in the world. It was literally knocking on the door, but we did not let it in.

Trip is it has flaired back once already which led to another 8 day stay as I dropped everything to get her to the hospital ICU ward once again.

Hopefully it does not happen again, but it probabably is going to. One reason why I need to keep her as stress free as possible. Every order placed helps me achieve that #1 goal in my life right now. I humbly thank every one here for reading this stuff.

Great to see the boards getting behind Bob...............one of the legendary dealers in the country :applause:

Oh, I am one case which people burn hot and cold on. Some tell me I have strong opines on certain subjects -:)

I am thankful portions of the comics collecting community is getting behind Katy which is why I came here to ask for help. She told me earlier today she wants to place thank you notes in every package. You guys are helping her come out of her shell as she truly felt for a while few cared what she has been going through.

Real sad story bro! :( Best of luck with all that stuff! :wishluck:

Pull these books for me.

WYATT EARP 15 4.0 VG 1958 MARVEL ATLAS WESTERN 19.20

TWO-GUN KID 26 4.5 VG+ 1955 MARVEL ATLAS WESTERN 31.20

HOMER THE HAPPY GHOST 11 5.0 VGF 1956 MARVEL ATLAS 20.80

HOMER, THE HAPPY GHOST 10 6.0 FINE 1956 MARVEL DE CARLO 32.00

BATTLE 63 5.0 VGF 1959 MARVEL ATLAS WAR STEVE DITKO 36.00

CARTOON KIDS 1 7.0 FVF 1957 MARVEL ATLAS SCARCE JOE MANEELY DEXTER WILLIE ZELDA 40.00

HOMER, THE HAPPY GHOST 9 6.5 FINE+ 1956 MARVEL DE CARLO 36.80

HOMER, THE HAPPY GHOST 14 6.0 FINE 1957 MARVEL DE CARLO 32.00

HOMER, THE HAPPY GHOST 13 5.5 FINE- '57 MARVEL DE CARLO 28.00

BATTLE 66 5.5 Fi- 1959 MARVEL ATLAS KIRBY DAVIS SEVERIN 60.00

BATTLE #1 4.5 VG+ 1951 MARVEL ATLAS KOREAN WAR 64.00

BATTLE 65 5.5 FINE- 1959 MARVEL ATLAS TWO KIRBY STORIES 52.00

PATSY WALKER 81 4.5 VG+ 1959 MARVEL ATLAS ROMANCE 20.00

PATSY WALKER 84 4.0 VG 1959 MARVEL ATLAS ROMANCE 16.00

BATTLE 62 3.5 VG- 1959 MARVEL ATLAS KOREAN WAR 17.60

WORLD OF FANTASY 18 5.5 FINE- 1959 MARVEL ATLAS JACK KIRBY STEVE DITKO HORROR 80.00

Thank you very much. Was wrapped up in doing things for Katy most of the day otherwise I would have gotten back here earlier.

Some of her wounds are deep and still quite open. Bandages on the deeper wounds have to be changed out twice a day. Am doing the best i can on her back. Some of the wounds are where a father should not be going, and I do not, she does those herself. A part time nurse coming thru every other day is where i have got to achieve with this among other myriad aspects I am still learning. Medical supplies for all this are mounting. Have learned wide medical tape is not cheap.

There is some very fun Dan Decarlo in those Homers. Those high number Battle issues are full of Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko plus the #66 in addition to Kirby cover and interior story has a great Severin, a jack Davis and a very early story on Castro by Joe Sinnott back when the USA looked upon him as a hero overthrowing Batista. Those high numbers I would rate against a lot of Kurtzman's EC war comics. I love em and always seek to stock that vintage.

Will PM you with the pertinent details, and from the bottom of my heart, i thank you once again - Bob

Many thanks for the order, will PM details. This is a neat Woodbridge whom i think remains vastly under-rated.

Also am trying to be transparent here. Was wrapped up dealing with Katy's scenarios. I truly wish I was simply making all this up. Just about gotten to wit's end how to cope with what attacked her body systems.

I am truly humbled by initial outpouring from you guys as I know I have been a bit currmugeonly cranky in the past on the CGC boards, but those are other issues. This is one of my kids, and she is in trouble - and a long slow healing process is is proving to be.

I think it is just dawning on her how close to death Katy got last month just two days before the most famous birthday in the world. It was literally knocking on the door, but we did not let it in.

Trip is it has flaired back once already which led to another 8 day stay as I dropped everything to get her to the hospital ICU ward once again.

Hopefully it does not happen again, but it probabably is going to. One reason why I need to keep her as stress free as possible. Every order placed helps me achieve that #1 goal in my life right now. I humbly thank every one here for reading this stuff.

......curmudgeonly cranky just adds it's own aura of intrigue with us old farts.....like the song says, " Hold your head up...." :headbang: GOD BLESS...

Robert,

I'm so sorry to hear the news. It's hard for me to imagine what your daughter's going through. My two girls mean the world to me, so I can at least in some way imagine what you're going through.

Top start with, I'll take one of those great old prints of a GA comic book rack.

Comic Book Rack print

I'll definitely some old books as well. When I get some time, before this weekend, I'll peruse the rest of your offerings.

Thanks for letting us know what's going on, and giving us an opportunity to provide what support we can.

Wishing all the best for you and your family.

-Steve

That print I had done in 1995 of what I think is the coolest display pic of a 1948 comic book rack ever done was initially my business card I was handing out that year. Am down to less than 50 left after I found a small stash of them in a file folder. It is a huge three feet tall by almost two feet wide.

I thank the comics community once again for helping Katy with what i need to keep scoring to help her mend both body and mind. You guys have perked up her spirits and self-esteem this past day in ways you do not even know yet.

Hopefully she will be recovered enough to show up at one of the comicons later this summer. She has literally lived inside comics fandom since before she remembers anything else.