• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale: 4400+ Vintage Comics 1849-1980: MEDICAL EMERGENCY

77 posts in this topic

Definitely post a for sale thread of non eBay books, I'm sure you will get responses.

I KNOW it's work, but you could just copy the text from some of your eBay listings and take them down from your store temporarily, and then just repost them once your sale here is done. Might make it easier for people to see...and you have SO many books on eBay, if you just list a few here (50-100 to start) , you may have many takers The boarders here tend to be very kind.

Best wishes for your daughter's recovery... :wishluck:

I do not mind the work - been at it 100 hours a week for some time now - my time working with comics takes my mind a bit off what katy is going thru.

Should I begin such a process here of non eBay pics & descriptions here, or begin a "new" on in the more coveted Forum Only Gold/Silver/Bronze where more people "look" since eBay is anathema to some?

Hello guys, just getting back to internet. Katy was admitted back in to ICU at 1:30 this morning - this Stevens Johnson Syndrome has flared back on her now a third time.

Thanks for bumping this back up as I was otherwise distracted for a spell today

I am going to pick up on the suggestion made of making a KATY'S COMICS thread as i do have most of the scans made I could make up more descriptions of the way the folks who run this stuff want it

I do thank them for allowing my mis-posting to live where it did for as long as it did - some 1600+ at least looked - and about 20 of you guys felt moved enough to purchase some comics.

I posted re looking at stuff in the eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/BLBcomics as grief over comes one slowing down to look for what i discovered later as clearly posted rules & regs. Am not seeking special treatment, on other hand am asking humbly for some of you to maybe help me help Katy come thru this

I need to raise a few thousand more in the next few days as I truly have to purchase a nurse person who will come thru her apartment every day once she gets out of the hospital again - this is a night mare for me much less her, I can only imagine what Katy is going thru - the pain is enough for IV drip

thanks for reading - please pray for my daughter

best

Robert Beerbohm

402 459 1709

Will do.

(TIMELESS) TOPIX COMICS v3 #4 9.2 NM- DEC 1944

(TIMELESS) TOPIX COMICS v3 #2 5.0 VGF OCT 44

Are being taken down from eBay right now. Seems to be the only order I missed pulling off fee-Bay that I am aware of.

Am stressing to people I would rather sell off eBay as my Spring Project is to complete a transition off eBay in to my own web site which got put on hiatus when medical stuff interrupted the project a few years ago. With increases is eBay BS trying to conduct commerce there, they have finally pushed incentive in to my noggin.

Thanks Bob.

not sure what you mean here: if you pull an insertion off eBay there is no problem in re-using the picture you have already taken to sell it here.

Should I begin such a process here of non eBay pics & descriptions here, or begin a "new" on in the more coveted Forum Only Gold/Silver/Bronze where more people "look" since eBay is anathema to some?

The latter. It‘s not because eBay is an anathema, it’s simply because people come here to see what’s offered on the forum, if they wish to have a look on eBay, they mostly go directly on eBay. At least, that’s what I usually do, so we strongly suggested the dedicated sales thread because this thread, in this section, gets a lot less attention compared to other sections.

This way, since it’s no problem to provide a link to this thread which explains the situation, you’ll have both a sales thread for specific selected comics here and an attention-getter for the eBay sales.

And… yes, "Gold/Silver/Bronze" is the right section, unless you intend to list copper/moderns (like the underground stuff), in which case "Mixed" is better, but I’d stick with "Gold/Silver/Bronze" where the sweethearts roam, here… lol

I humbly thank every one for their support of the care needed for Katy. I have gotten a few emails today asking if this was still an on-going scenario. The answer, unfortunately, is a "yes"

http://stores.ebay.com/BLBcomics

Her recovery is going to take many months, though they seem to be making some decent progress. She is now recognizing certain danger signs earlier now so we catch these relapses earlier, hence, not being as quite severe as the earlier ones till the hospital staff gets the IV tubes in her to feed the pharma concoctions.

Katy went back into the ICU thing again Thursday and just re-emerged yesterday afternoon. Weak, still standing, I teach my kids, "never surrender," as we work on instilling optimism back in her spirit.

A nice lady named Sharon here in CGC-Land got ahold of me via PM, suggested a plan which i am working on putting together the nuts & bolts on.

My plan is to start a KATY'S COMICS thread in the other more coveted forum launching in a few days- in the mean time, if you come across this thread here, please let the spirit move you to scroll thru my eBay store to see if some thing might plug a hole or two in your collection. http://stores.ebay.com/BLBcomics

Sincerely,

Robert Beerbohm

BEERBOHMRL@gmail.com

Voice 402 459 1709

Please keep in mind I am not fire saling the stuff in there. There are a lot of nice high grades, obscure, scarce, rare, hardly any "junk"

Creators run my wagon so I tend to type in all sorts of "key" words of their names in to the descriptions to facilitate search functions if you should look & scroll thru the listings which total 4400+ and climbing regularly.

I thank you again, this Stevens Johnson Syndrome is evil. With your help I can try to keep her out of the hospital as much as possible unless dire need

I wish to thank every one who has stepped up to the plate to date and helped out with an order towards helping me take care of Katy who is going thru a most horrific painful experience the medical world dubs "Stevens Johnson" Syndrome which is easily googled, or simply click on the many URLs I left for this in the initial posting on this thread.

Since the day before Christmas when I rushed her to the hospital the first time as her skin erupted on fire which immediately landed her in ICU, Katy has been in there an aggregate of 21 days. She has been in and out of there three times now for this with strong probabilities of more stays in our local medical "hotel" with exquisite room service. There are four doctors working in tandem on figuring this out. There are doctor visits seems like virtually every day lately as well as changing out of bandages for open wounds which erupt like magic here and there.

Between caring for her immediate needs as well as mapping out near term future plus scanning lots more vintage stuff in my warehouse and then uploading new listings, and then packaging orders both from here as well as 'normal' eBay business from around the world, have been saddled with a 100+ hour seven days of daze work week.

Am a bit shell shocked from the transpiring past month and change as the magnitude of what has afflicted her is still sinking in.

That all said, most of the orders from your initial generous initial outpouring are now inside USPS winging their way to you. I hope each and every one of you likes what you receive very shortly now.

She still needs more assistance, and I hope if you are reading this, you might consider spending some time scrolling thru my eBay store which contains a number of fun vintage comics, concert and movie posters, pulps, Big Little Books, original art and related material.

Much of my prime "key" type stuff went away back in 2007-09 for my medical scenario. Since my healing recovery in 2010-11, have been rebuilding and restocking the shattered remnants of my life in comics. I have even re-begun the many comics history research projects I was working on, but on hiatus once again for the most part this past month.

What I have in that eBay store now of 4400+ items represents about 10% of the 40,000+ items in a 4000 square foot warehouse I got moved in to a year and a half ago.

My hat is in my hand asking you to see if there is something you might like for your collection in my eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/BLBcomics which sees those funds going pretty much on paying for helping make Katy be healed.

One note, a few have taken to think I am conducting a "fire sale" on what is listed with commensurate "low ball" dimes on dollar offers. Please do not waste your time much less mine as I attempt to put this as delicate as possible as I am not wholesaling stuff like high grade Adams X-men, etc.

Everything in there is already discounted in short term store wide sale. Some stuff I have greater movement possible on based on cost of goods. This translates in to many items I can come down on a bit, but not a lot

There are a lot of high grade late Silver Age and Bronze comics which have not come cheap to me. I ask you to check out the feed back from hundreds of very satisfied customer friends who attest to tight grading who life what they have received coupled with expert packaging and timely shipping respecting the after life of the sale.

Thank you for reading this, hope you see a book you need, and can place an order either directly via eBay checkout, or let me know here as well. What ever you are comfortable with.

If nothing else, please pray for my daughter's recovery from this insidious "syndrome" which has turned her life completely upside down as she fights to recover. She is one of the strongest souls I have ever encountered in my 60 years on this planet, and one of my best friends ever blessed with

Robert Beerbohm,

comics dinosaur

Robert, I did not want to disturb you via email as I did not know how Katy was going.

So her condition is more or less stable now? Is she out of danger?

If you send me an invoice I was waiting to send you the payment. I provided you an US address, so you won’t bother sending internationally.

Hello Folks, well, been wrapped up seeing to Katy's recovery for these past weeks. She has been in & out of hospital on this five times since it first erupted a couple days before Xmas. An ordeal these past couple months is an understatement.

Plus keeping up with increased eBay store traffic.

It has been a tremendous strain on my time. Every one who ordered via PayPal (thanks to those who sent me SEND MONEY as a "gift" side or mailed in a check which precluded PayPal fees, I say thank you!

You should have received your package by now. if you like what you received, a positive feedback here would be appreciated. Some buy from me and then have it slabbed, garnering a higher grade number than I gave it. So some tell me.

Katy is now (hopefully) in more of a long drawn out healing recovery aspect. Now that she is out of the hospital once again, my expense burdon is upticking all over again.

Got 99% of all placed orders out the door via USPS, the funds which came in for books when i started this thread and the mods allowed it to remain in that better sales look-see forum for a few days of daZe really made a difference in helping me improve her quality of life. I thank each and every one of you.

To vaillant in Italy I have to sheepishly confess those two Topix Comics v3 1948 issues I pulled and they have gotten underneath something here in this 4000 sqaure foot warehouse with 50,000+ pre 1980 comics artifacts. Might have gotten distracted with a phone call, or had to rush over to handle something for my daughter, hard to say. My humble apologies, they will turn up once again most likely in a place right out in the open -:)

At 60 years old this old dinosaur is mostly on top of everything once again, or at least I want to think I am. My eBay feedback remains 99.6% pure, which is not good enough for me, but under present circumstances unable to maintain a 100% trip, though I am striving in that direction every day.

Any one reading thru this thread, I ask once again if you see something in my eBay store which runs your collecting wagon, please let me know, make a reasonable offer, it will be accepted.

Sales off eBay is what I strive for and would pass on the eBay FVF savings right on to you. I need to raise a few grand for Katy once again. I also have some purchases to pay off and/or down as cash flow went on medical bills to keep her forward motion in play.

Thanks for reading, there are nice people on these thread boards.

To vaillant in Italy I have to sheepishly confess those two Topix Comics v3 1948 issues I pulled and they have gotten underneath something here in this 4000 sqaure foot warehouse with 50,000+ pre 1980 comics artifacts. Might have gotten distracted with a phone call, or had to rush over to handle something for my daughter, hard to say. My humble apologies, they will turn up once again most likely in a place right out in the open -:)

Hi Bob,

don’t worry, as I see you did not reply to my emails, I just imagined those have been quite hectic times: tell me as they hopefully re-surface – I’ll keep my payment ready! ;)

And… best wishes for the upcoming weeks.

God bless you and give you strength. (thumbs u

@Sharon: I think Bob mentioned that, it must be seen if it could have been a negligence on the doctors' part, or just an unexpected reaction to some not yet charted medication… hm

Bob, have you seen these? I was watching TV the other night and apparently there is a class action law suit for Steven Johnson's Syndrome. They said it could be caused by medication.

Google search for class action suit

Am slowly becoming aware of this development.

A person on this list who is an attorney already pointed akin to this already. I informed Katy of what he wrote, but she is more concentrated on healing herself physically and emotionally first. I think soon she will be ready to talk with him, but not yet she told me.

This has taken a lot out of my little girl on so many levels. The psychological scars are intense right now in addition to the pain from literally burns which come from the inside out for reasons I will not go in to here any time soon.

I do appreciate you pointing this out publicly as this Stevens Johnson Syndrome evidently has also brought out something called agrophobia which she is also dealing with

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000923.htm

http://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/panic-disorder-agoraphobia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agoraphobia

http://panicdisorder.about.com/od/agoraphobia/a/WhatIsAgora.htm

in the aftermath of the savagery of the symptions she endured brought on by the intense burning pain, fear of being touched, fear of another outbreak, as there have now been five hospitalizations since a day or so before Christmas 2012.

Am now covering psychiatric help as well these past weeks. This is where some of the generous help received so far as gone in to, so, again, hat in hand, I keep placing new stuff in my eBay store almost every day.

If you see something you like, please make a reasonable offer and it will be accepted. Katy still has a long ways to go on her journey back to normalacy.

http://stores.ebay.com/BLBcomics for newest listed vintage comics artifacts

Thank you,

Robert Beerbohm 402 459 1709

It occurred to me that the two Topix issues are from volume 3, which is from 1944, while you are referencing a 1948 date. Maybe you made some confusion with other books you pulled for someone else?

Just wondering, anyway I hope you find them… :)

1948? Then i mistyped that as the v3 run i got in extends from 1944 in to 1945. Damn fingers hitting the keys -:) Much of my main stuff is very well sorted and organized. I had taken them out of the box, must have gotten a phone call or two in a row, placed them down, a stack gets moved. There are 50,000+ comics in this 4000 sqaure foot warehouse. Ever misplace a comic book? -:)

best,

Robert Beerbohm

Such B.S. how the U.S. makes you pay for stuff like that, Being Canadian i visit the states often for shopping and stuff and i love the states but there needs to be free health care for reasons like this. A man has to give up his prized possessions, but ill be taking a look at your books and hopefully theres something i like. best of luck!

Hello Big Beard,

Thanks for the kind words, and i hope you enjoy the scroll, there are a lot of obscure neat vintage original comics artifacts such as this Krazy kat 1912 sheet music at http://www.ebay.com/itm/KRAZY-KAT-GEORGE-HERRIMAN-1911-RAG-SHEET-MUSIC-Only-Three-Known-Exist-/390535859331?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5aedc04c83 as a collection rebuilt after a life time in this comics gig is being offered up. It all goes.

You are preaching to the choir with this lost soul. Almost lost her when this first struck. Re medical scenarios for millions of us, well, "welcome to America" where the Oligarchy has become downright evil.

I was canceled by HMO Aetna in 2006 them citing "undisclosed pre-existing condition" for stupidly having said yes to being a passenger in a van accident back summer 1973.

We were leaving out of a comics show in Houston, next week end in Dallas, the one following in New York City for the big Phil Seuling show. Bud Plant was driving, i was shot gun. Terry Stroud from LA was in seat right behind Bud. D i c k Swan now of Big Guy's Comics on the web was asleep passed out in a sleeping bag atop the many boxes of comics filled to about a foot from the ceiling in the back of the van.

This vehicle mishap was somewhat partially written up (replete with mistakes and overt omissions) as the most famous comic book accident of the day as "On The Road" in the Dark Horse anecdotal comics encycopedia Between The Panels first issued in 1998. The information in this book regarding the Tom Reilly (erroneously known as the "San Francisco") collection is also woefully simply abjectly wrong me speaking as the guy who personally sold some 7/9 of the collection when it was initially brought back to light April 1973. Gerber's version is even more distorted and completely near 100% wrong. He pulled his two paragraph "data" as smoke from where the sun don't shine behind him. But I digress.........

There are over 50 Million of us USA "citizens" on the outside of the window looking in. Supposedly changes in Jan 2014. For Profit Insurance company bean counters can and do become death panels forever altering some one's life, smothering you in debt.

What i have is just paper, this is my daugher's life, one of my children, the true treasure of any one's life on this planet. Simple./ http://stores.ebay.com/BLBcomics