• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing comic now turned up on eBay, seller silver-acre. Help

338 posts in this topic

Daryl - I strongly suggest that you stop worrying about "clearing your name" and just cooperate with retrieving the book as soon as possible.

Clearly this whole thing could have been handled in a less confusing way, but let's leave that aside for the moment. Without meaning to sound patronising, this is a big opportunity for you to claw back a small amount of goodwill. I would take advantage of it if I were you.

That's extremely well said. I agree completely.

+1

not four days five days,, proberley dont make any difference

5 days and you decide to trade the thing on against eBay rules and leaving you $250 out of pocket in eBay fees? Yeah right.

I don't believe you. Especially since Joseph said he never heard from you. You are a scourge on comic collecting in the UK what with this thread, the Bolland thread, the bait and switches, the Batman 1 deal you backed out of, your over grading, rude behavior to customers, the list goes on.

not four days five days,, proberley dont make any difference

5 days and you decide to trade the thing on against eBay rules and leaving you $250 out of pocket in eBay fees? Yeah right.

I don't believe you. Especially since Joseph said he never heard from you. You are a scourge on comic collecting in the UK what with this thread, the Bolland thread, the bait and switches, the Batman 1 deal you backed out of, your over grading, rude behavior to customers, the list goes on.

And on and on. People around the world need to know that he is not representative of people on the UK market.

The Leeds mart on 2nd March should be interesting but I suspect there is more to come before then...

I need a decepticon level summary of this thing....

1) Boardie buys a book from another boardie, it never arrives and was likely stolen inside the postal system.

2) Book ends up in the hands of a legitimate dealer in California who trades/sells it to a dealer in the UK.

3) UK dealer puts it up for sale on his ebay shop.

4) Boardie sees the book that he never recieved on ebay with a BIN.

5) Boardie hits the BIN (jan 22) so no one else can buy it.

after that I'm a little hazy on the events

6) After some period of time Boardie contacts silveracre (via ebay or directly?) to tell him that the book was his and was stolen

7) Silveracre responded saying that he thought the BIN was going to be a non-paying one, and he went ahead and traded away the book and no longer has it in his possession, and does not know the name of the person he traded it to, but will try to find him at the next comic mart. ;)

Not exactly sure how long it went between the BIN and contacting Silver about the book (sounded like maybe 6-7 days).

I think ebay has a 10 day payment window unless the seller sets the BIN with a requirement for autopay, which wasnt the case here. So the Seller should be obliged to "honor" the payment window, or at least contact the buyer to confirm intent to pay.

Shady elements (IMHO):

-silveracre just happens to have just traded a book that he is informed is "hot"

-silveracre doesn't have contact info or provide any info on the tradee who now has the book (youd think he'd be forthcoming to try and help in this situation).

If it was a trade and he got books in return wouldnt any dealer want some info in case the books he took possession of were either hot or stolen so you could direct the authorities to the trader, or know in the future to not deal with a guy hocking nondisclosed restored books?

Did I get the summary right?

STOP IT! Stop with all that logic and making sense right now! (tsk)

Summary looks good to me, except eBay does not give buyers 10 days to pay. At day 4 sellers can file a non-paying bidder claim and four days after that non-paying bidders get a strike and the seller gets fees credited.

All of my Buy It Nows require immediate payment - and it's why I rarely have a "best offer" option. You can't require immediate payment with best offer option.

this thread is a good read - sorry it is at the OP's expense and turmoil.

I've only ever tried to buy from Silver-Acre once (about 4 years ago) and I said never again. I made the mistake of asking a grade and was called an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, because it was already listed. I know I was being dim but there was still no need to be rude.

To the Op I hope you get your book back and to Silver-Acre, Man up and help them out, it's the right thing to do.

It is very difficult to like this thread as much as I do considering the OP's loss, this thread replaced Cal's on my must read daily.

Just so everyone knows the OP has been fully compensated for the book. Even though he had me under insure it for customs fees I have refunded him the full purchase amount out of pocket. As I am now dealing with my insurance and law enforcement here on my end to get everything settled. I didnt feel that it was right for him to wait while everything was being sorted out.

It is very difficult to like this thread as much as I do considering the OP's loss, this thread replaced Cal's on my must read daily.

Just so everyone knows the OP has been fully compensated for the book. Even though he had me under insure it for customs fees I have refunded him the full purchase amount out of pocket. As I am now dealing with my insurance and law enforcement here on my end to get everything settled. I didnt feel that it was right for him to wait while everything was being sorted out.

Wow!

That says alot about your character. (worship)

Your action in this regard almost reaches the point of self-flagellation! Are you punishing yourself for agreeing to under-insure the item?

:applause:

Thanks Oak (worship) its only money that comes and goes a reputation lasts a life time. Though I doubt ill be under insuring anymore packages. Its much easier to deal with USPS insurance than my private company. So much tape to cut through when a book goes lost in the mail with them.

Thanks Oak (worship) its only money that comes and goes a reputation lasts a life time.

+1

Silveracre, take note.

...but not surprising,

Hey Daryl - ENGLISH, MOTHER----ER! DO YOU SPEAK IT? My God man, anyone who thinks the British educational system has anything on America's should just try and parse one of your messages.

This -->.<-- is a period. It comes at the end of a sentence. A sentence is a unit of grammar which is made up of one or more words that are related to one another to form a cogent thought.

Writing a bunch of lines together is generaly not a ssntence i suggest perhaps you try taking a book or newspaper and copying a couple of the things down that live between one period (-->.<-- this thing, remember) and the next it might help you to make your case better,,many people find what you are writing if i can charitably call it such very difficult to read, i wonder if you actually read the comics you sell oh by the way you are completely full of it my man and there will be absolutely no one who believes a word you say regarding your inncocense to many examples of your bad behaviour thanks and God bless