• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

I love me some Sean Murphy, so great pick as far as I'm concerned.

Has Alex Maleev ever drawn Bats?

I know people usually love him or hate him (I am in the love category), but I think he could nail it.

I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person....

Catching up with my reading stack, and Maleev is the artist on DK.

It's decent, but no Capullo.

I was a bit confused with the cover of 30 where it states zero hour final chapter or something like that, but the story really just seemed to begin. I am guessing this final chapter thing will continue on at least a few more issues? Get some resolution as to what is currently happening

I was a bit confused with the cover of 30 where it states zero hour final chapter or something like that, but the story really just seemed to begin. I am guessing this final chapter thing will continue on at least a few more issues? Get some resolution as to what is currently happening

Zero Year is a three part story. Issue 30 begins "Savage City," the last of the three chapters.

Zero Year is a three part story. Issue 30 begins "Savage City," the last of the three chapters.

I really can't wait for it to be over. I'm starting to get tired of this arc. Feels like its been dragging on forever.

I'm with you on it taking forever, but I absolutely love it so far. Its by far my favorite comic on the stands right now. It will be interesting to see what they do when they come out of zero year though.

I'm with you on it taking forever, but I absolutely love it so far. Its by far my favorite comic on the stands right now. It will be interesting to see what they do when they come out of zero year though.

Oh no question its a great read, but I'm just ready for Snyder to do something different with Batman is all.

I only have 3 solid titles on my pull list each month, and this is one of them.

Oh no question its a great read, but I'm just ready for Snyder to do something different with Batman is all.

I only have 3 solid titles on my pull list each month, and this is one of them.

Yeah def and from what I've heard this final 3 issues should be that something different. I remember reading somewhere that these issues are the "reward" for letting them re do the origin. So far its pretty neat. I love the world the Riddler created in issue 30 and cant wait to see how the bats stops it.

I, for one, love the ZY story arc. I get really turned off by company-wide cross overs, and I've appreciated the fact that Batman has maintained a single narrative that wasn't dependent upon other titles to tell a complete story. I'm just concerned, given Batman: Eternal and all things Forever Evil, that Team Batman will be required to intermingle with other titles now. I hope not, as I think this has been one (of the many) strength to this series.

But I have a lot of trust in the creative team here, so I doubt they'll disappoint.

I was really starting to get bored with Batman until issue 30. I felt like Zero Year was just dragging on. However, issue 30 pulled me back in. It's an original idea (as far as I know) and I like the direction it looks like it's heading in.

I was really starting to get bored with Batman until issue 30. I felt like Zero Year was just dragging on. However, issue 30 pulled me back in. It's an original idea (as far as I know) and I like the direction it looks like it's heading in.

I've liked each of the individual issues, but not necessarily the storyline overall. If that makes any sense. I like ZY, but I will also be ready to read Snyder do something else.

I think Snyder is overextended. It reminds of Bendis on X-men in its heyday.

I love Snyder, and don't see any decline in his work.

The Wake is excellent, and Wytches looks fantastic so far.

AV is also well written.

My opinion only, of course...

I think Snyder is overextended. It reminds of Bendis on X-men in its heyday.

I love Snyder, and don't see any decline in his work.

The Wake is excellent, and Wytches looks fantastic so far.

AV is also well written.

My opinion only, of course...

+1 and I enjoyed zero year and think it's the best riddler story in quite a while