• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if they are doing any Batman '66 or Batman Eternal SDCC '14 variants? Already grabbed a Batman SDCC which looks amazing! :)

Doesn't appear so..

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/2014/exclusives/graphitti-designs

Normally I would be pumped because I wouldn't have to buy them but I always love SDCC covers. Looks like Superman and Harley Quinn each got one this year. Bummer. :(

Quick question on the "one per store" demo variant for issue 19. Is this the only Mad Magazine cover for 19, or is there a 1:25 variant, too?

If there are two, how does one distinguish between them?

The "one per store" says "DEMO" on it where the price should be. It's the only Mad cover.

Strangely, CGC doesn't appear to differentiate between the regular variant and the demo... I subbed one and the "DEMO" fact was not addressed on the label; it was treated as a regular 1:25 variant.

The "one per store" says "DEMO" on it where the price should be. It's the only Mad cover.

Strangely, CGC doesn't appear to differentiate between the regular variant and the demo... I subbed one and the "DEMO" fact was not addressed on the label; it was treated as a regular 1:25 variant.

Thanks for the info.

Anyone read issues 40?

Anyone not is the better question.

Does anyone know if Snyder/Capullo still plan to wrap up their run at issue 50?

Interesting. If they wrap it up at issue 50 might be time to star unloading the rest of my mulitples.....

In interviews i've read 50 has always seemed to be "the plan" unless things change. Obviously there's a lot of shifting going on at DC right now, and I'm not sure if that means we might get them on for longer or not. Snyder did confirm a Year 2 of Eternal recently though.
maybe 50 is when they bring Wayne back.

it looks like they have things plan pass 50.

C2E2: SCOTT SNYDER TALKS "BATMAN: ENDGAME, "AMERICAN VAMPIRE" & MORE

For he and Capullo's part, they want to turn their new take on "Batman" into an exciting and different version of the character because they know it will only be temporary. "Batman #50 is coming, and it comes at the same time as the 'Batman v Superman' movie. If you think the status quo is never coming back...come on. So let's try some things that are a love letter to Bruce and the mythology. You have to return things to center eventually, but let's get out there and tell a new story about what makes Batman great," he said comparing their new take to Dan Slott's "Superior Spider-Man" or Ed Brubaker casting Bucky as Captain America in that those stories only went to prove how the original character is the only face meant for the role.