• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman New 52

471 posts in this topic

I hope Duke Thomas shows up in Batman 51...maybe a hint of what Batman has in store for him.

Anyone got an early copy of Batman 51..are there any surprises other than the new Batmobile reveal.

Anyone read it yet? I pick mine up tomorrow.

Just read it. Felt it was a perfect ending to a great creative run. But,

I didn't like Alfred getting his hand back. Apart from the introduction of the Cout of Owls, I'd hoped Alfred losing his hand would be an irreversible piece of continuity that could be attributed to the run. Shame that everything always has to go back to square one.

In celebration of the run by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo being finished I picked up this great original art page by Capullo and Miki.

Batman #36 page 14

mathew

AWESOME! I didn't think capullo was going to part with any of those pages..

Oh yes he is selling a bunch off his website, started the sale the other week. There is a big thread in the OA forums. I'd love to buy a piece but he's asking serious coin for them right out of the gate.

I actually bought my page directly from Danny Miki (the inker). He as some great pages for sale. I know he is getting ready to send them to his rep to sell so I would think that once the rep's commission goes in the pages will get even more pricey.

ZAPP COMICS will have an exclusive cover for BATMAN #1 when it gets relaunched later this year.

Thanks for the mention!

Our exclusive cover is by Tony Harris. We'll be pre-selling on our website and on Ebay and, of course, at our shops.

I just read issue 52, the first issue with new creative team behind it, and thought the book was so so. I think my biggest problem was with the books art as I didnt really like it. What did everyone else think of the last issue?

I just read issue 52, the first issue with new creative team behind it, and thought the book was so so. I think my biggest problem was with the books art as I didnt really like it. What did everyone else think of the last issue?

the art you saw in 52 is not the art you will see in 1...different artists. I think 52 was just filler artists to finish up the run.

the art you saw in 52 is not the art you will see in 1...different artists. I think 52 was just filler artists to finish up the run.

Thanks for the heads up. My fingers crossed that the new Bat book is good, it has big shoes to fill given what Snyder and Capullo just put together.