• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2013 CONVENTION SEASON SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD!

2,497 posts in this topic

I know there are people that HATE seeing all of those convention threads about sketches and what not. So I figured, why not just do a MEGA THREAD for year 2013? :idea:

Basically, any sketches that you get done on blanks, graded, not graded, or NG...sorry Troy, post here!

It will give everyone a chance to enjoy them..

And I'll do the same for 2014 :)

Yeah, he walked in and did sketches for all of the VIPs that showed up for the GA signing.

Anyways, there ended up being a bunch of dealers/flippers in line and I think that Jim was smart enough to see this and require all sketches be personalized. I thought it was kind of funny hearing people a few people around me gripe about the requirement. I didn't care because it's been a dream of mine to meet Jim Lee and get a sketch for nearly 20 years and in that time this has been my only opportunity to do so.

I had Jim do the Batman sketch and told him how I much I appreciated that he was sketching for all of us and that I drove 7 hours just for the off chance of being able to obtain a sketch from him.

Fast forward, one of the flippers in line a few people behind me wanted to give me a sketch blank back that I sold him at the beginning of the signing because he didn't want a personalized sketch (d-bag) I told him to grab a GL sketch from Jim and I would give him $50 after he is through the line. Hope that $50 was worth the 4 hours he waited in line, lol.

That 1st signing was crazy long, I was really sweating it, wondering if I was going to get cut off.

Btw very nice score on the green lantern.

I heard he didn't sketch for the second signing and the limit was down to 1-2 books.

That 1st signing was crazy long, I was really sweating it, wondering if I was going to get cut off.

Btw very nice score on the green lantern.

I heard he didn't sketch for the second signing and the limit was down to 1-2 books.

Yeah it was long but so worth it :) I left around 4 and the general admission line that had been standing there since 10am was just starting to be let into the room.