• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2013 CONVENTION SEASON SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD!

2,497 posts in this topic

So I gave Mike Perkins an idea for a sketch at this year's Megacon in March.... I wanted Roland from Stephen King's The Dark Tower. I knew Mike hadn't worked on that book but his gritty style on The Stand reminded me a lot of what I saw in the DT comics. He took the blank and we agreed to email each other on cost, details etc.

To be honest in all the craziness that is my life, it never crossed my mind again until he sent me a message out of the blue last week. I was blown away once I saw the scan.

I am still not sure how DT turns out as the comic series was cancelled and it did lose me there quite a few times lol but I love the Roland and Farson characters and how Mike depicted them.

Picked up at NC Comic Con last weekend

FD17AE2D-C20C-4339-9471-D3E7022F35B5-2705-000002332E25DAAC_zps9bb9d4b0.jpg

Wow jerry the king lawler, I had no idea he had artistic ability. Really cool sketch.

I'm equally impressed! I've seen Jerry Lawler at a couple of cons here in NYC and never knew that he draws and does sketches! That Sups isn't bad at all either; it's actually really nice! In fact, it puts some sketches I've seen by actual comic book artists, to shame! lol

Wow jerry the king lawler, I had no idea he had artistic ability. Really cool sketch.

I'm equally impressed! I've seen Jerry Lawler at a couple of cons here in NYC and never knew that he draws and does sketches! That Sups isn't bad at all either; it's actually really nice! In fact, it puts some sketches I've seen by actual comic book artists, to shame! lol

Yeah…Jerry is pretty talented…he's done the large head caricature style sketches for years, but he also does the more comic style sketching as well. Dude is a big time superman fan. I've seen some full body sketches of his that are really awesome.