• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Custom sized comic boxes.

10 posts in this topic

Before i start hacking up boxes to fit a particular space, does anyone know where i can have comic boxes made to a specific size?

Exactly 24inches wide and i want to use all the space if possible. I could use shortboxes i suppose, i just figured id take a stab.

Drawerboxes are 9" wide so that wouldn't work per your intentions.

A legal size filing cabinet would also be a little over 18" wide.

Short boxes could be 8" wide and go three across (lids tend to rest on the outside of those boxes though... so the actual box is something like 7 3/4" wide). But stacking them would preclude opening them easily.

Good luck! (thumbs u

Drawerboxes are 9" wide so that wouldn't work per your intentions.

A legal size filing cabinet would also be a little over 18" wide.

Short boxes could be 8" wide and go three across (lids tend to rest on the outside of those boxes though... so the actual box is something like 7 3/4" wide). But stacking them would preclude opening them easily.

Good luck! (thumbs u

hm

I didnt have any wiggle room on the width but by expanding the length i could use sideways longboxes as long as i can come up with a custom divider. I realize that only makes sense to myself, but thanks, you were a great help!

Thread closed!

Thread opened!!

This is an interesting concept. Because I'm a notorious tight- and shipping has just gone up to AU... I've been thinking about building my own versions of something similar in concept to a comic cube.

Has anyone done something like this?

Thread opened!!

This is an interesting concept. Because I'm a notorious tight- and shipping has just gone up to AU... I've been thinking about building my own versions of something similar in concept to a comic cube.

Thread opened!!

I assume you mean those nice, but pricey, cabinets. I bought myself a nice old wooden file cabinet and pulled out every other drawer. Put a nice rolling door over the spaces and came up with this, on the cheap:

IMG_0755_zps3520b54a.jpgIMG_0756_zps163d3dad.jpg