• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Whats it about Ken - lets have the story direct from the creative team. Persuade me to go buy one mate!

And here's the new cover for Issue #1 2nd Printing (which is in stores February 20th). For some reason I can't find any online retailers that have the 2nd printing available for pre-order. Weird...because it has been publicized. See: http://bit.ly/VG1VHF

Let me know if you find it online!

Meanwhile, PLEASE tell your local CS to make sure they've got it on order -- Diamond code: DEC128159 TODD1-2ndprintingcover_zps760af977.jpg

Thanks for all your support! Issue #2 (pic below) comes out Feb 13th...tell your CS or pre-order from TFAW.com (I think they have a few left)....

- Ken & MK a_zps006ad18a.jpg

Welcome glad you could make it. You need to come Midwest or East instead of staying out West there in shops. Maybe St. Louis Con in a few months? :wishluck: Glad you got the FB link.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Andy70,

First -- let me just say Australia, I love thee. Can't wait to revisit.

TODD is a crime story, an absurdist comedy, a family drama, a superhero story of sorts (hey, he wears a mask and has the power to cloud his own mind!), an unflinching look at the underbelly of American suburbia. It's about the ugliest kid on earth, who is actually the most beautiful kid on the inside, surrounded by ugliness.

Description from Image's original press release....

This series, a collision of comedy, sex, and violence, follows the misadventures of America's most dysfunctional family as they go head-to-severed head with an Oprah-loving ax murderer, a cult-crazy soap opera star, and a neo-Nazi prison gang.

That's what HAPPENS, but what it's ABOUT...identity, perception, loyalty, mendacity, strength, betrayal, trust...survival no matter what the world throws at you.

Give issue 2 a shot and let me know what you think here: http://on.fb.me/UfOl0H

Edited by KenKristensen

Andy70,

First -- let me just say Australia, I love thee. Can't wait to revisit.

TODD is a crime story, an absurdist comedy, a family drama, a superhero story of sorts (hey, he wears a mask and has the power to cloud his own mind!), an unflinching look at the underbelly of American suburbia. It's about the ugliest kid on earth, who is actually the most beautiful kid on the inside, surrounded by ugliness.

Description from Image's original press release....

This series, a collision of comedy, sex, and violence, follows the misadventures of America's most dysfunctional family as they go head-to-severed head with an Oprah-loving ax murderer, a cult-crazy soap opera star, and a neo-Nazi prison gang.

That's what HAPPENS, but what it's ABOUT...identity, perception, loyalty, mendacity, strength, betrayal, trust...survival no matter what the world throws at you.

Give issue 2 a shot and let me know what you think here: http://on.fb.me/UfOl0H

Thanks for the time and effort to respond.

You had me at mendacity......

Will browbeat our rubbish LCS to get an issue or two in!

Hey Ken - the Aussie Rules footy season starts soon - if you come down in the next 5 months I will take you to the game and explain the rules!

You pay for the cider, natch (thumbs u

Kevin76,

M.K. and I would love to make TODD an ongoing -- or a series of limited series. Bottom line -- we've got countless TODD stories to tell. It's a real labor love.

This interview with PREVIEWSworld explains a bit where we're coming from:

The Beauty of the World's Ugliest Kid

I hope it happens, I liked the book......a refreshing change from most I am reading now.....keep up the great work!