• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indie Coppers so bad that they are actually...well...they are just bad...
3 3

522 posts in this topic

Heh, I had/have a few of these. Definitely keep posting, you are bringing back memories! I think I may have a few around here I could contribute also. I just need to dig them up. Maybe literally!

I have that Mysticman. Shame on me. I still have that Last Generation book. I too, love that cover. And that Cosmos book has to be the worst I've ever seen. With Chuk the barbaric not far behind it. A quick commentary on Cosmos #1: Is that a petri dish behind them? How is she not falling? Whats with the Thulsa Doom haircut? All that's missing is El Jefe's lowrider, and Tony Monero, to take the disco queen for a spin on the ol' dance floor. I don't even have enough laughter in me to comment on Animism. Maybe later.

Animism? Definition? Where do I begin? The stoned "girl" down at the bottom looks like Doug Henning. Cool shading effect on the legs, too. The blue guy in the middle forgot his methadone. What's up with the old football helmet hat, with the roof missing, and the sweet Bart Simpson hair part? I can't tell if the guy in yellow is happy, or angry about the empty coke can on the beach? Whats with the lines on his outfit? He must be called Geometry Man! And the best is the gimp in the back, with the weightlifter glove, and the Watchmen "inspired" mask. St Louis must be proud of their super group. AND, after all that, were given the further reading pleasure of.... The Asylum! Waiting for someone to show up with the "Haters gonna hate" pics.

I remember at the height of the mid 80s BW glut - a comic store in NYC had a stack of poorly drawn barbarian comics of some sort that didn't even have color covers, with a sign that read one to a customer, as if every fourth rate indy comic was going to be the next TMNT and speculators were snapping up the inventory as soon as it was put on the shelves. Sure, there was plenty of stuff selling for $20-$30 a pop back then just a few months after it came out, that can now be found for a buck or less, but the high garbage quotient was evident even then.

I'll find that horrible POS book I inked this weekend and post scans of all the pages.

Maybe one of you guys has an actual printed copy I could buy off of you. :wishluck:

Hey - Be nice! I actually drew the cover to issue #3 of the Saga of Elf-Face - my shining moment as a comic book artist (at the age of 15). And, Tim Freundlich and Steve Scotten (who published the book), were nice guys.

What people may not realize is that the Saga of Elf-Face was actually a reprint of stories that originally appeared in an even rarer book titled "Mutated." I'd like to see who else out there has copies of those books! I have copies of issue #3 and #8 floating around the office.

Round 2:

Saga of Elf-Face:

2Tf78oV.jpg

I have some of these I picked up just last year. One of the best titles evah! ^^