• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are these board(s) for?

215 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me what it costs to buy a manual on putting together a comic box?

Does anyone have a link to that classic thread?

Link for the lazy.

thank you

I was going to tell you to learn to use the search function. doh!

I tried but couldn't find it.

:cry:

[font:Book Antiqua]The search function s ucks...[/font]

:baiting:

:sumo:

pretty sure every sizable forum on the internet is like that.

Hit the nail on the head

I respectfully disagree.

Just because others are that way does not mean we have to be. I mean this as a general concept: What is that saying ... something like "Just because everyone else is jumping off the cliff does not mean you have to" (not sure if that is the correct wording).

Rather than living by the base common denominator, one can strive for something better.

And another thing: I could not care less what other internet forums do or do not do. There is only one reason I am here: because I am interested in comics, in knowing about them, learning about them, and sharing about them. There is a reason I am not a part of any other internet forum. And could not care less about any of them.

Don't mistake my remark as acceptance. Could we be better than that? Perhaps, however it is what it is.

I'm going to put this bluntly. If you have a problem with that way it is here, then perhaps this isn't the place for you.

Personally, I like it here. I like (most of) the people. I like the personalities. I like the interaction.

And I could not care less about anyone who disagrees with that.

Don't mistake my remark above as denunciation. I do accept things as they are. That would never stop me from thinking of improvements.

Since you have, let me too put this bluntly. If you read my prior posts in this very thread, you would see that I do like it here.

I like (most of) the people. I like the personalities. I like (most of) the interaction.

NOT my intention to argue.

I retract my statement. And apologize.

Sorry.

No more words from me.

Gave up too early.

Not seeing long-term potential here.

The correct response was to insult his mother,tell him his collection suxs and fried chicken blows up during some football match.

pretty sure every sizable forum on the internet is like that.

Hit the nail on the head

I respectfully disagree.

Just because others are that way does not mean we have to be. I mean this as a general concept: What is that saying ... something like "Just because everyone else is jumping off the cliff does not mean you have to" (not sure if that is the correct wording).

Rather than living by the base common denominator, one can strive for something better.

And another thing: I could not care less what other internet forums do or do not do. There is only one reason I am here: because I am interested in comics, in knowing about them, learning about them, and sharing about them. There is a reason I am not a part of any other internet forum. And could not care less about any of them.

Don't mistake my remark as acceptance. Could we be better than that? Perhaps, however it is what it is.

I'm going to put this bluntly. If you have a problem with that way it is here, then perhaps this isn't the place for you.

Personally, I like it here. I like (most of) the people. I like the personalities. I like the interaction.

Don't mistake my remark above as denunciation. I do accept things as they are. That would never stop me from thinking of improvements.

Since you have, let me too put this bluntly. If you read my prior posts in this very thread, you would see that I do like it here.

I like (most of) the people. I like the personalities. I like (most of) the interaction.

NOT my intention to argue.

I retract my statement. And apologize.

Sorry.

No more words from me.

Gave up too early.

Not seeing long-term potential here.

The correct response was to insult his mother,tell him his collection suxs and fried chicken blows up during some football match.

I'm with Andy ( (thumbs u ) on this one, how dare you not entertain us! :boo:

You know, it's always possible that some of us newbies have put more comic boxes together than some of the long term guys..... new to this board certainly does not mean new to collecting.

:applause:

(thumbs u

We're talking about newbies to the board who start threads about stuff that has been covered dozens of times, which has nothing to do with how long that newb has been collecting, or how many boxes of resides in their basement.

The subject of this post is a bit of a rhetoric question. I 've always felt these board(s) were for the exchange of ideas about comic book collecting, sharing opinions about various publishers, creators, books, etc. and including the technical aspects of comic book preservation and more.

But what I don't get is, and I've seen this more than once, new person posts a question and the first response by a boardie is, e.g., "If you would have searched the boards you would found this questions have been discussed so many times! and the response is just awash with attitude or my other favorite is someone posts a technical question and the very first response is some asinine bulls**t. Clearly if the boardie is someone you know that is a different story but if they aren't, why respond like that right out of the box if you don't know them well? Is there a segment of the boardie population with really weak social skills, more so than in the general population?

....when I find myself feeling this way, I find the "out of context member quotes" thread, start at the beginning, and read until the gloom is expelled. Keep coming back, brother. It gets better....and every now and then it gets worse lol GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Can someone tell me what it costs to buy a manual on putting together a comic box?

Link for the lazy.

thank you

Guys, c'mon, it's simple. Go to Google. Paste this in the box: site:collectors-society.com. Then type in your search words. Then hit enter. Yore welcome.

Link for the lazy.

thank you

Guys, c'mon, it's simple. Go to Google. Paste this in the box: site:collectors-society.com. Then type in your search words. Then hit enter. Yore welcome.

You're.

You know, it's always possible that some of us newbies have put more comic boxes together than some of the long term guys..... new to this board certainly does not mean new to collecting.

:applause:

(thumbs u

We're talking about newbies to the board who start threads about stuff that has been covered dozens of times,

Why does this bother people? So there's words on the site you've read before. Ignore the thread, it's always new to someone.