• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJANGO Figures Dropping, Why....?

108 posts in this topic

Modern toys are mess

I don't know. These blow up dolls seem pretty neat.

Wait until you try the female ones.

Ouch.... I just got burned...

these female blow up dolls are pretty neat

Fixed (so I will sleep tonight)

Can anyone explain why the DJANGO figures are dropping in price. I was gonna buy a set of 5 for like $2000, thank god I didn't. Now the set of 5 is selling for $1500... Broomhilda is also dropping..? Why, should I wait ...can anyone explain this...?

Because EBay banned the selling of them, and now you can only really flip them on Amazon marketplace.

Can anyone explain why the DJANGO figures are dropping in price. I was gonna buy a set of 5 for like $2000, thank god I didn't. Now the set of 5 is selling for $1500... Broomhilda is also dropping..? Why, should I wait ...can anyone explain this...?

Because EBay banned the selling of them, and now you can only really flip them on Amazon marketplace.

I wonder if eBay is going to allow the sale of the Hot Toys version of Django when those are released?

Modern toys are mess

lol

:hi:

Just to help you, I will sell you a set for 2000.

I can explain it. They are not worth $2000. Neither were Cabbage Patch dolls, Tickle Me Elmo, 95% of all the comics selling instantly in the modern sales threads at prices 10 to 100 times cover price, or any other insanity inducing toys.

Additional pertinent information included. :acclaim:

Also I would ask the OP where he's seeing sale prices. Since Ebay's ban on them people are either having listings taken down immediately or they are taking a quick BIN or offer before the hammer falls.

Modern toys are mess

I suggest getting openly indignant. Also, start a new thread about it.

Modern toys are mess

I suggest getting openly indignant. Also, start a new thread about it.

Consider it done General!

han-solo-salute-o_zpsd4fd6eb7.gif

Anyone remember the duke figure (1st 12inch GIJoe made and exclusive to Target).

Wow, now there's a flashback. Target was "sold out" and issuing rain checks. One day Target called and I felt like I'd won the lotto. lol:blush:

Back of some closet, somewhere, sits that prize brick. Probably behind the box of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter #1's. :boo:

Modern toys are mess

lol

:hi:

(thumbs u

Just wanted to make sure this thread would come on top of the other one at least one more time before it will drop to page two...

I just sold a box full of old MOC Spawns for $50, which could've easily netted me hundreds more back in the '90s. I was lucky to sell my moc Starting Lineups for $5 a piece, less than retail. These Django toys just scream "hot for the moment" like those old '90s toys.

One time, I picked up a new Spawn figure in a Toys R Us to look at it. Another guy wanted it so badly, he offered me $20 to let him buy it. I believe it was "Overkill II", a figure that won't even get you $10 today.

There's probably a difference between "hot" toys, that are produced in the millions, and discontinued, short produced, or recalled toys that have small amounts in circulation.

Spawn, and Starting Lineup, and various other toy lines were mass produced and their prices were entirely dependent on mass appeal and demand.

So I guess time will tell if these figures were truly discontinued at a point where their production numbers do no out stretch their collector market.

10 years after the line was canceled and forgotten I was still able to sell a complete loose set of Iron Man Series V figures for $1500.

I just want to know where people are selling them now since they are banned from Ebay.

Craigslist? Amazon?

How many are moving that people can determine that they are "dropping"?

Finally a serious answer. I like this site a lot, but to get a serious answer, you have to wait for like 10 insufficiently_thoughtful_person , joking responses. Jesus...

Thank seanfingh

Why would you spend two grand on Django toys? Why would you think fingh is your barometer for logic? lol

Sorry about that fingh I just had to. :jokealert:

Logic and I are old friends. Also, I am a N00bWhisperer.

:roflmao:

Also I would ask the OP where he's seeing sale prices. Since Ebay's ban on them people are either having listings taken down immediately or they are taking a quick BIN or offer before the hammer falls.

^^

Yeah your right, but what is the leveling off price..? They are dropping fast...
Same reason nobody is paying a million dollars for a Twinkie anymore.

This actually reminds me of something that happened many years ago. It was in the Macy's holiday catalog I think, a 12" G.I. Joe type figure, or a series of figures. Maybe they were real G.I. Joes, I'm not sure. One was called the "Terrorist" and it was a Muslim man with an AK47. It was pulled and replaced with a man in a black turtleneck and ski mask, something reminiscent of Die Hard I guess. The Muslim toy all the sudden was going for a lot of money. I wonder what happened to the value of that toy?