• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LAST REDUCTION!!! LURID / SLEAZE / GGA PAPERBACKS from the 1950s and 1960s

35 posts in this topic

First up is a legendary lurid cover... "She defied their moral code":

CAMPUS TOWN

by Hart Stilwell, Popular Library 331, 1951, 1st printing

Fine condition, light crease top middle of cover, spine crease, back cover very nice, no writing or tears

Cover by Earle Bergey

$80

img844_zps6491b077.jpg

img845_zpsc3bd973e.jpg

:takeit:

NYMPHO'S SHAME PIT

by Roy Clemain, Spartan, 1966, 1st printing

"Woman must have her lust, or something." (What does that mean, exactly? -Paul)

Do yourself a favor and read the back cover... is that English?

Couple of cover creases, general wear, but no tears or writing

$25

img866_zps771757ec.jpg

img867_zps285de910.jpg

:takeit:

This is a great sale thread!

I've been buying these old sleazy pulps with LB Cole covers. I hope to give them a read one of these days. I don't have very high expectations but I just gotta see how "lurid" these things can get.

This is a great sale thread!

I've been buying these old sleazy pulps with LB Cole covers. I hope to give them a read one of these days. I don't have very high expectations but I just gotta see how "lurid" these things can get.

Having only flipped through these types of books before, I can attest that the Midnight Reader / Sundown -type of books that I have listed above are far, far more lurid than the L.B. Cole-covered Croydon books. While the Croydon books were probably sold on newsstands with pulps, most of the books you see listed here would have been sold in "special" stores.

SWAMP GIRL

by Evans Wall, Pyramid #39, 1st printing

"Here in the swamp country, men of all colors craved my body"

"If my child isn't his, I'll kill it!"

Fine condition, only slight edge wear, rare book!

Note, this is the original printing... later printings have "rape" changed to "ruined" on back cover

$60 REDUCED TO $40

img848_zpsf565ba2e.jpg

img849_zps4e5a51e8.jpg

WTH :takeit: @15% off.

Time and again I look at your sales threads, and damned if you aren't always bringing the goods!

Where's the green with envy smilie??

Thanks for the kind words! I've learned a lot here on the Boards and prefer selling here since I can discuss items and learn from others or give a little insight myself. I'll keep trying to bring unusual stuff to the Boards. :thumbsup: