• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some help/advice

4 posts in this topic

I wouldn't stack higher that 3 high..

The cardboard gives out on the bottom and your NM comics just became VG/Fine comics. I would guess it also depends on how humid it is where you store your comic boxes as well....

If u have your long boxes stored in a basement, I recommend u stack them on top of at least 1 layer of a wooden pallet. U may be able to get free pallets from a warehouse or a large grocery store. Purpose is to keep your long boxes elevated so that when the water tank bursts, your hi-grade will be dry. Not under 3 inches of water. crazy.gif

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about that; I keep my long boxes in a closet on the second floor of my house...no water problems.

I learned my lesson long ago...when I went away to college, I left a bunch of stuff in my parents' basement and their water tank burst, ruining a lot of it. There were no comics involved, but my entire collection of Dungeons and Dragons books and a whole boxes of paperbacks were damaged.

Thanks for the advice, though.