• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber No-Shows: Post yours here!

192 posts in this topic

Anyone out there have a comic which is not pictured in the first two volumes of Ernie & Mary Gerbers Photo-Journal Guide to Comic Books? If you do, do us all a favor and post a scan here!

I had considered that some of these books may have already been posted but, what the hey, why not have a tribute to Ernie & Mary Gerber for thier had work!

I really do hope there will be more to come! popcorn.gif

I have yet to go through my OS Guide in detail but why don't they indicate scarcity ratings for books with less than 200 known surviving issues?

They did in previous issues, but stopped doing so currently. I personally feel Gerber did a better job, though not perfect, at scarcity. Just MHO.

Thanks a million drbanner. Any helpful hint on how I can perform that function within the allowable bytes?

No problem - since your picture is hosted elsewhere (photobucket), there is no size limitation for posting it here to the forums. If you right-click on the picture, you'll get the URL where the actual image file resides, then you can just cut-n-paste that URL into your post using the "Image" Instant UBB Code found just below the text box you see when creating a new post.

Try it...you'll like it!! 27_laughing.gif

Well, I don't own this book, but I own the picture!

Oh wait, actually I swiped it off comics.org... sorry.gif

e28.jpg

What a classic! Several years ago I was at Megacon and Mark Haspel was set up with Crazy Ed, and this book was on the wall. I had a few Schomburg Nedor books at the time, and although I didn't know anything about this one I loved the cover and casually asked how much...needless to say, I don't own this book either.

This is a nice copy of it though!! cloud9.gif

This is a nice copy of it though!!

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that copy came from the Charles Strong collection. He was an editor at Nedor who kept a single copy of every comic he worked on. Most of my really high grade non-pedigree Nedors are from that collection.

Metro had the Church copy of this book in San Diego, but it's no longer on their website, so they must've sold it.

Is that Flash #56 San Fransisco yours? I owned the MH copy for about 12 years.

I have noticed most Flash #56's have ink printing problems on the front cover.

West

Yes,

I picked the book up in the mid to late eighties. What grade would the MH receive?

Thanks a million drbanner. Any helpful hint on how I can perform that function within the allowable bytes?

No problem - since your picture is hosted elsewhere (photobucket), there is no size limitation for posting it here to the forums. If you right-click on the picture, you'll get the URL where the actual image file resides, then you can just cut-n-paste that URL into your post using the "Image" Instant UBB Code found just below the text box you see when creating a new post.

Try it...you'll like it!! 27_laughing.gif

Thanks again. I guess I am not too old to learn something new. cool.gif