• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBT

147 posts in this topic

i'll start it off, do you think morning glories 14 will hold the $30 price tag? I have sold 4 for $30 (free shipping) on ebay.

I am out of the loop on MG because I read it was tough to follow (I like to actually read the books I buy :olol ). Why is #4 significant again?

14 not 4

vikingreed discovered it predated green wake 7 by a week (proven) and is the true "first peter panzerfaust".

i bought 7 immediately from a canadian source, got them in 2 days, and listed them on ebay for the price of the last sale ($30) but gave free shipping. 4 sold out of 5 in a 3 day auction.

I bought one more from an LCS since then, so i have four left. I think 30 is too high, but curious on other peoples thoughts, how high did green wake get??

Gotcha. It's crazy that the previews of these books are hitting those numbers. I can't knock it, but I haven't tried it. It's the wrong frame of mind for me, but previews don't appeal to me as a collector. But, I guess they do to some, hence the prices. Guess I need to modify my perspective hm

Here are my thoughts on some of the books being hyped:

Sell = Sell if you have any

Hold = Don't sell, and buy if you can get for less than cover

Buy = Load up the truck at cover, cautiously pay more than cover but below ebay average price.

BlackAcre: Sell

Great Pacific: Hold

Clone: Hold

Mind Mgt: Hold

Sword 1: Sell

Think Tank: Hold, Buy for variant cover

Nowhere Men: Sell, Except for #1, Hold #1 Reg, Sell Thought Bubble except for 9.8 candidates

Saga: Hold

Revival: Hold

Peter Panzerfaust: Sell, Except for #2 in 9.8 or better

Sixth Gun: Hold, but Buy for 2-current if you dont have a complete run.

Helheim: Hold, Buy for the variant

Bedlam: Hold

Todd(ugly): Hold

East of West: Hold

Thief of Thieves: Hold, Buy for the #1 variants

my inner brain, share your thoughts :D

Gotcha. It's crazy that the previews of these books are hitting those numbers. I can't knock it, but I haven't tried it. It's the wrong frame of mind for me, but previews don't appeal to me as a collector. But, I guess they do to some, hence the prices. Guess I need to modify my perspective hm

I bought them from Montreal for $3, and sold 4, all to Montreal people, for $30 each. First time I felt morally wrong flipping a comic book. I am a Christian and dont know if I can live with that level of schiesterism lol

Here are my thoughts on some of the books being hyped:

Buy = Load up the truck at cover, cautiously pay more than cover but below ebay average price.

BlackAcre: Sell

Great Pacific: Hold

Clone: Hold

Mind Mgt: Hold

Sword 1: Sell

Think Tank: Hold, Buy for variant cover

Nowhere Men: Sell, Except for #1, Hold #1 Reg, Sell Thought Bubble except for 9.8 candidates

Saga: Hold

Revival: Hold

Peter Panzerfaust: Sell, Except for #2 in 9.8 or better

Sixth Gun: Hold, but Buy for 2-current if you dont have a complete run.

Helheim: Hold, Buy for the variant

Bedlam: Hold

Todd(ugly): Hold

East of West: Hold

Thief of Thieves: Hold, Buy for the #1 variants

my inner brain, share your thoughts :D

Great list. agree with most of it.

yah, but to ship it from montreal for $3 dollars, and ship it back the next day for $30 lol. Something is broken in the comics market when that is happening.

let me know what you think about all those books i listed Ryan, i am sure you are more optimistic than I am :D

BlackAcre: Never Bought Any - Would sell if I had some

Great Pacific: Have One Reader - Hard to say

Clone: Hold - Hold

Mind Mgt: Hold - Hold

Sword 1: Sell - Never bought any - Sell 'em if you got 'em

Think Tank: Hold, Buy for variant cover - Both

Nowhere Men: Sell, Except for #1, Hold #1 Reg, Sell Thought Bubble except for 9.8 candidates - Sell

Saga: Hold - Holding - Has most long-term potential in my mind

Revival: Hold - Selling a few / Holding a few

Peter Panzerfaust: Sell, Except for #2 in 9.8 or better - Sold everything already, pre-hype

Sixth Gun: Hold, but Buy for 2-current if you dont have a complete run. Never bought any - probably won't - I don't chase everything

Helheim: Hold, Buy for the variant Never bought any - probably won't - I don't chase everything

Bedlam: Hold - Holding - too amazing of a series to not be successful

Todd(ugly): Hold - Never bought any - probably won't - I don't chase everything

East of West: Hold - Not out yet lol - Both

Thief of Thieves: Hold, Buy for the #1 variants - I have one incomplete run - need another #1 - holding that for now

i also find it "interesting" the number of people that are trying for the big flip on the BST boards for books they've picked up at cover seemingly that day at the LCS

Yah, i think on the BST you have to at LEAST be willing to sell at

LastEbaySale - 10% ebay fees

But also read the market, if there are 10 Saga times, maybe sell it later...

Saga rose to far to fast, it had to fall. I think the RRP is going to dip next. But like the #1 9.8 that already dipped and climbed back to $200 and is holding, Saga raws will rise once the dip is sorted out. RRPs will also climb again after they dip. if/when they dip, will be the last time to buy a 9.8 RRP for quite some time imo.

Nowhere Men: Sell, Except for #1, Hold #1 Reg, Sell Thought Bubble except for 9.8 candidates - Sell

Saga: Hold - Holding - Has most long-term potential in my mind

Revival: Hold - Selling a few / Holding a few

Sixth Gun: Hold, but Buy for 2-current if you dont have a complete run. Never bought any - probably won't - I don't chase everything

Bedlam: Hold - Holding - too amazing of a series to not be successful

Thief of Thieves: Hold, Buy for the #1 variants - I have one incomplete run - need another #1 - holding that for now

I agree on Saga, the comic industry as a whole has embraced it, which makes a lot bigger impact than i think people realize.

Revival - I agree also, i sold some to cover my costs, in case ABC tanks it, but kept back a sketch 9.8, and have 1 to current at 9.8, and a DRE subscription

Sixth Gun - I think you should buy in a bit if you can, I'd certainly try to find a #1 local if you can. All the people who have read it like the Art and Writing, and if the show actually makes it to air, could be a good one to have collected a full run at cover. Other than the first few issues, should be able to get most of it at cover.

Bedlam - I think when the bubble crashes, this will be seen as the dividing line book. I have 7 9.8s of #1, and plan to sell all but one. I also was the first Bedlam subscriber to DRE, before any of the hype hit. So I won the lottery for the chance to buy one of his two Sketch 9.8s. I dont know if i'll ever break even on that deal, but I will hold on to it, just cause I am in deep on it.

Thief of Thieves - I have a CGC 9.6, a CGC 9.8, and a PGX 9.8 ( lol ). I am trying to focus on the raw #1 variants these days, because everything else has already run up to far. If I had a spare #1, i'd try to offer it to you, I doubt you want a 9.6?

the only books i collect are WD, Saga and to an extent Revival.

WD/Saga i will support fully for the rest of time. Revival i will support the newsstand releases. that variant really turned me off big time.

i will freely admit (and have done so) that im an all or nothing kind of collecting freak for the most part.