• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CBT

147 posts in this topic

This has to be the most replies I've ever seen to a journal, and I have to admit I've never heard of any of the books you're talking about until you mentioned Valiant. I am living under a rock called Marvel and only peak out for the occasional Aspen title, but I like it here. What I enjoy most about the Marvel books is the history. I did enjoy the Valiant comics in the 90's, but lost interest when everyone else did. Characters like Turok and Magnus Robot Fighter got their origins in Dell so they do have that history to them as well for anyone who's interested.

No I am not buying them to flip. I really like Valiant. I should have said I collect them too. I have every issue that they have put out so far. The new Valiant has some quality stuff. The old legacy stuff can be had for pennies on the dollar. Those back issue boxes have gems in them man. I would hold onto those for as long as possible. There is a following for Valiant. The only books that anyone would have a hard time getting is Archer & Armstrong 0 Gold, Eternal Warrior 0 Gold, Bloodshot 0 error, Harbinger 1 9.8, Solar 10 9.8 and a few other. Those books are $500 and up and Bloodshot error might be close to $1K.

Too many people know of the Valiant books to find them in dealer bins (unless it's a fluke book like a VVSS); and we've been picking them clean over the years! I think the new VEI has actually tampered potential in VH1, because collectors are focusing on the new books first (and there's just so many!). Not to say deals can't be had, I grabbed an EW VVSS in a lot of variants on ebay last year, but very few and far between...