• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FFB's selling his restored copy of Amazing Fantasy #15!!!!

99 posts in this topic

Why the private auction? confused.gif

You will note that this is a private auction. Why is it a private auction? Contrary to what some may believe, it is not to foil any joy/thrill bidders who are usually attracted to items of this quality. If you want to joy bid, go for it, young pilgrim! No, the reason that this is a private auction is because I don't want some scumbag in Myanmar to send my bidders emails with stolen scans of an Amazing Fantasy #15 to try to get you to buy a book that he doesn't have. Ask anyone who has ever bid on an Amazing Fantasy #15 on eBay before and they'll tell you what I'm talking about.

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

From the scan it looks at least 7.0...did you happen to get the grader's notes on why it was graded so low?

If not for the writing, it would have graded higher than 4.0. The graders' notes are consistent with the extensive (p) label.

Graders' notes: Pen scribbling on front cover. Stain on left side of front interior cover. Small tear on bottom interior pages becoming a bit larger as pages progress. Piece replacement on last page. Bottom right corner front cover has 1-inch square piece replaced. Interior and back cover confirmed as being from Amazing Fantasy #15. Color touch, infilling and inpainting, tear seals and reinforcement.

***Edit*** if anyone is interested in the book and wants to see scans or photos of any of the interior defects, just let me know and I'll take some pictures! thumbsup2.gif You can ask Jimm94 and divadrabnud about the book. They were both there when I cracked it out of the slab. It's a very nice looking book for an Apparent 4.0.

Guys, I have personally fondled this book and can vouch for the fact that it is a damn nice copy. FFB doesn't know this, but I have fantasized about someday making him an offer on this book so that he can upgrade. insane.gif The timing isn't good for me, so best of luck to you all!

Oh yeah, BUMP!

FFB,

It's too bad I'm not actively in the market right now, otherwise I'd take this book off your hands in a heartbeat! By the way, great auction description!!

Except - unless I missed it - why is it no longer in the CGC holder? Don't tell me you ... ummm.... read it? 893whatthe.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Except - unless I missed it - why is it no longer in the CGC holder? Don't tell me you ... ummm.... read it?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Up for auction is a nice, affordable copy of Amazing Fantasy #15. Please note that this copy has been removed from the CGC holder. (Sorry, but I had to read the sucker. You'll be glad that I took it out too, because now you can read it!)

FFB,

It's too bad I'm not actively in the market right now, otherwise I'd take this book off your hands in a heartbeat! By the way, great auction description!!

Except - unless I missed it - why is it no longer in the CGC holder? Don't tell me you ... ummm.... read it? 893whatthe.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Divadrabnud, Jimm94 and I cracked the slab at our Comic Geek dinner party a few weeks ago. acclaim.gif

FFB,

Thanks Jeffrey! thumbsup2.gif

Except - unless I missed it - why is it no longer in the CGC holder? Don't tell me you ... ummm.... read it?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Up for auction is a nice, affordable copy of Amazing Fantasy #15. Please note that this copy has been removed from the CGC holder. (Sorry, but I had to read the sucker. You'll be glad that I took it out too, because now you can read it!)

foreheadslap.gif

Too.... many... words...