• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FFB's selling his restored copy of Amazing Fantasy #15!!!!

99 posts in this topic

Aces - thanks for the Big Red welcome man. laugh.gif

Hey so my brother and I are the only Bills fans in the Pacific Northwest...Go Bills!

The first pre-season game is this weekend! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Hey so my brother and I are the only Bills fans in the Pacific Northwest...Go Bills!

This year's Dolphins: tonofbricks.gif ha ha ha The AFC East is ours!

So I'm reading these posts, and I came up with an AWEsome way to make money. I'm going to buy the restored AF #15, wait 2 weeks and list it again on eBay. But here's the kicker, I'm going to make an itty-bitty scan and sell it as an original VF+++ (conservatively graded of course - wouldn't want to damage my reputation!). And in the best interest of my customers, I'm going to hold a private auction to deter any sort of dubious Thrill-Joy Bidding. This plan is foolproof -- I'm thinking I could quadruple my inve$tment!

Man, now I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for telling you all of my unbelievable idea foreheadslap.gif

This year's Dolphins: tonofbricks.gif ha ha ha The AFC East is ours!

So I'm reading these posts, and I came up with an AWEsome way to make money. I'm going to buy the restored AF #15, wait 2 weeks and list it again on eBay. But here's the kicker, I'm going to make an itty-bitty scan and sell it as an original VF+++ (conservatively graded of course - wouldn't want to damage my reputation!). And in the best interest of my customers, I'm going to hold a private auction to deter any sort of dubious Thrill-Joy Bidding. This plan is foolproof -- I'm thinking I could quadruple my inve$tment!

Man, now I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for telling you all of my unbelievable idea foreheadslap.gif

As much as it pains me to say it, I think the Pats are going to win the AFC east and probably the Super Bowl again. tongue.gif

10-6 and a play-off birth would be great instead of 8-8 or 6-10 again. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

even thought this years patsies are better than last years supabowl team, it's EXTREMELY TOUGH to repeat as supabowl champs.

FFB -- sorry to hijack you post and start talking about football...but then again your name 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I swear that your AF #15 is on my watchlist, but I have to decide which of the voices in my head I will listen to...bid? no bid? devil.gif893blahblah.gif

Supa's right, repeating the SB is nigh impossible...every other year is even more impressive! Is the 2003 Pats yearbook called "Patriots Reloaded"? Lucky you that Rodney's gone from the AFC West!

The Bills will make the playoffs on the strength of their defense. Gildon was a great pickup and will contribute between 8 to 39 sacks. Bledsoe will kick his chokaholic ways and ^get right^. Lee Evans is the real deal -- peerless who?!?

Just my 35-cents ---> Go Bills!

I'll stop talking about FB unless Aces and Supa egg me on....

The Pats got one of the best running backs in the game for a song and that was really their weakest point.. I'm not a Pats fan, but how can you not think that they're the favorites this year?

Favorites? Hmmm...maybe.

Contenders? For sure...

BUT, do you remember the aura surrounding the the post-SB Rams or the post-SB Bucs? The luster seems to get rubbed off pretty quickly in this league. If I came on this board last year and told you that the 2-15 (?) Carolina Panthers would be in the big game --> you would've thought that I was snorting some grade-A stuff laugh.gif

More likely than not, the dark horse team will be somebody with grim prospects right now: Chargers? Dolphins? dare I say the RAID-durrs?

The Pats got one of the best running backs in the game for a song and that was really their weakest point.. I'm not a Pats fan, but how can you not think that they're the favorites this year?

Guys, enough football in this thread, please. Take it to the water cooler.

Speaking of the subject of this thread, the auction ends on Tuesday! Get your bids in now!

I also slabbed a X-Men 1 that came back 9.4, restored (cleaned and pressed, the kind that CGC CAN detect and considers restoration, I guess)(I won't name the dealer that sold it to me, as we settled things amicably), but it sold on eBay for a mere $2426!

Speak of the devil, the book doth reappeareth. I guess the book has changed hands since I first got rid of it.