• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uber from Avatar

1,083 posts in this topic

Read #24 yesterday. Kinda fun filler issue but #25 looks to setup another epic Uber throwdown!

Agreed - fun episode - I have a feeling a few stalwarts are going to meet their end in Calais......

#25 went back to Okinawa - Gillen said this should have been concluded earlier but he didn't know where to end the Japanese arc (cliffnotes at end of book).

Series #1 will finish at #27.

#26 - #27 will be the battle of Calais.

2016 will see issues #28 - #56 and that's it.

5 trades for series #1 will be released.

Can't wait for #26 + #27, but this issue just seemed like an afterthought, as really it should have been issue #13 or similar. Bit odd really.

Still a great read - but as Krighton said - instant $1 bin fodder.

I recommend the Trades, or even a complete series #1 omnibus (it's Avatar - so of course they will lie like stink about one coming out, and then release it after you have bought all 5 trades individually!)

It's a shame this didn't go to a better publisher as it's a great book.

It didn't mention a second enhanced HC - but as its Avatar - I'm sure there will be one.

Personally, I'd wait until after #27 and see what's announced.

I'm sure there will be Dunkirk and Churchill specials (like Colossus) as well.

At least there are still 4 or 5 of us reading!

#26 - Best episode ever!

Battle of Calais...

HEAVY DUTY SPOILERS

1) Who is the 4th German Battleship - could it be a defecting Maria? If not, then it's a similar strength Uber - nobody else has been able to level half a city in one hit

2) RIP HMS Dunkirk - went out like true hero

3) If HMS Churchill can physically survive - her mind seems shot - The allies best weapon is finished.

4) Where are the Americans? - going in with just destroyers left them with huge losses

Can't wait for #27!

Epic book - buy the trades people and get on board!

Yep, 26 was a bit of heart pounder! I'll comment on some of the spoilers maybe after issue 27 unfolds... Gillen will probably tie up some loose ends and leave us with a major cliff-hanger or two before going on hiatus.

Surprised no #27 comments and the end of Vol.1!

Important issue with a bunch of reveals. Loved the intro (and twist) of General Patton into the story!

Uber Invasion (Vol.2) for 2016 will be very interesting.

Yeah, I'd sorta thought I was the only reader left!

The ending was impressive and

the fall of the UK unexpected. Love the fact that undoubtedly Maria is the key to everything.

I suspect the Japanese will also have a 24 split Uber to attack Australia/Asia.

I cannot wait for the flotilla to be unleashed........

What a very good book this is.

It deserves a much larger audience.

Hopefully the few of us posting might bring onboard some new readers.

9/10 imho......

I believe #28 is out in June - series ends with #60 last time I read anything about it.

Finally something for the hardcore Uber fans and an inkling that Uber Vol.2 will start soliciting in Feb 2017!

Fantastic!!!

I don't know why things like this don't happen more often.

Bedlam for example...would do pretty well I bet on a kickstarter.

Peter Panzerfaust (which is finishing up) should have been on there ages ago.

Five Ghosts (which is coming back) ...same thing.

I know I would have sent $hundreds to each of those books to try and help keep them going and on time.