• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Y: The Last Man [SPOILERS]

504 posts in this topic

what page did you get?

I can't say exactly. Goran offered me a page from his personal collection. I could not say no to that. I did not make not of which page. It does have Yorick and 355 on it.

Sweet man! Nice to get from Goran himself! Congrats

Can't go wrong with any YTLM page, especially one with the two main characters. I regret selling some nice Y pages back in the day. Still have one great example though.

:whee:

@THR: Exclusive: 'Y: The Last Man' TV Series in the Works at FX http://t.co/5E1VB8S5Lq #YTheLastMan http://t.co/2QrASBIa6R

...and my dream of purchasing/owning a 9.8 at a decent price just went out the window!

That's karma for recommending I stay at the Y for NYCC! :roflmao:

Kidding aside, it was great meeting you and your wife EB! :grin:

:whee:

@THR: Exclusive: 'Y: The Last Man' TV Series in the Works at FX http://t.co/5E1VB8S5Lq #YTheLastMan http://t.co/2QrASBIa6R

...and my dream of purchasing/owning a 9.8 at a decent price just went out the window!

That's karma for recommending I stay at the Y for NYCC! :roflmao:

Kidding aside, it was great meeting you and your wife EB! :grin:

:insane:

Nice meeting you too, K. (thumbs u

what page did you get?

I can't say exactly. Goran offered me a page from his personal collection. I could not say no to that. I did not make not of which page. It does have Yorick and 355 on it.

Congrats. :) He only had one page on offer in his portfolio last month. There aren't that many in general left out in the wild now, the ones at Cadence are pretty pricey.

TV is where Y belongs. Reading between the lines, BKV hinted at this during his panel discussion at Image Expo a couple of months ago, so this really isn't a huge surprise. But it's still good news, nonetheless. Congrats to him and Pia!

I'm very glad of this news. This was one of the first books I caught up on when I got back into collecting a few years ago, but it was mostly though trades... outside of #1 (which has always been above my spending range) what other issues should be looked at as keys in the run?

Isn't this the 3rd time this series has been optioned for a TV show?

While I love the series and think it would be fantastic to see it on the small screen, what makes this time any different than the other times? :shrug:

Not sure if its good luck or bad karma, but last month I consigned my only page with Ampersand to the Comiclink auction which starts today... congrats to the future winner!

I'd say good luck. You were looking to sell it and now you'll get a better price!

While I love the series and think it would be fantastic to see it on the small screen, what makes this time any different than the other times? :shrug:

I agree that any TV option is far from a sure thing, but I thought it was only optioned for a movie previously. I know the movie rights were tied up for ages before they reverted to Brian/Pia.

I think that since the rights are back in BKV's and Pia's hands it stands a better chance of moving forward. Bryan, having worked in television will probably help as well.

True it's not a 100% sure thing. But I would be :whee: if it did happen.

hm

Preacher

I believe Y was only ever optioned for a movie and the internal issue was a trilogy vs a single movie.