• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Y: The Last Man [SPOILERS]

504 posts in this topic

I posted this all over but I'm just over the moon. I mentioned in the Goals for 2014 OA thread that getting a top page from issue #1 of YTLM would be my only OA collecting goal for the year. Luckily, it only took 32 days. Very humbled and happy to add this to my black hole collection.

12260329104_44d069cc1b_c.jpg

Wow. :o

(worship) Congratulations! That's terrific! Really amazing page! First artwork of Ampersand right?!

I posted this all over but I'm just over the moon. I mentioned in the Goals for 2014 OA thread that getting a top page from issue #1 of YTLM would be my only OA collecting goal for the year. Luckily, it only took 32 days. Very humbled and happy to add this to my black hole collection.

12260329104_44d069cc1b_c.jpg

Wow. :o

(worship) Congratulations! That's terrific! Really amazing page! First artwork of Ampersand right?!

Second. there was another boardie that wouldn't let that go (as they shouldn't). That said, I'm happy to own this, as for some reason, I always thought this was the page BKV hinted at always having the answer to what caused the "problem." Completely conjecture, but I'd like to think so. Either way, I am PSYCHED!

It ended. :(:sorry:

But yes, it's still that popular. Best series I've ever read!

i agree best by far

Definitely. Seriously though, it was incredible. It never felt overwraught, the writing was phenomenal, it never dragged on, and ever since it ended I've craved more.

I was very late to the show (I missed the entire series). But I heard such great things about it, I picked up all of the TPB. I've never blown through a story as fast! It never got tiring reading. I was saddened that I read it so fast because I wanted more! :taptaptap: The way it ended though, I would never change a thing!

Saga has this feeling (I know, I know...same creator)... I'm so happy to be reading this monthly! If you wanted to get back into something new that you can enjoy on a monthly basis, check out Saga! (thumbs u

Finally bought all 5 deluxe volume editions and finished reading them all a couple weeks ago. After letting the series as a whole simmer for a bit I can honestly say this is one of, if not, my favorite series of all time. I bought a CGC 9.4 of issue 1 yesterday (can't wait to get it in and display it!) I hope to upgrade it to a 9.8 sometime in the future.

This series was recommended to me among several others by boardies and I'm glad I read this one first. I just finished reading Preacher as well and although that was great in it's own right, YTLM is my favorite so far. Next up: The Sandman (thumbs u

Edited by Kal-El

I did the same order. Preacher > YTLM > Sandman.

I never finished Preacher. I'm halfway through it. I'll finish it at some point.

I blew through YTLM in what seems like less than 2 weeks.

I'm on the Sandman now. And it's terrific. It's some "heavy" reading so it's tough as I mostly read before going to bed. But so far I love the story. (thumbs u

I did the same order. Preacher > YTLM > Sandman.

I never finished Preacher. I'm halfway through it. I'll finish it at some point.

I blew through YTLM in what seems like less than 2 weeks.

I'm on the Sandman now. And it's terrific. It's some "heavy" reading so it's tough as I mostly read before going to bed. But so far I love the story. (thumbs u

Same here, I read YTLM almost non-stop. I just couldn't put it down. There were some "filler" issues in Preacher but that didn't happen during YTLM.

P.S. This is probably not the right thread to mention this but The Saint of Killers is by far the most badass character ever written. I'm going to try and get a copy of Preacher #1 eventually just to have his first appearance, lol