• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Y: The Last Man [SPOILERS]

504 posts in this topic

Does anyone have the Absolute Y The Last Man Volume 1?

Looking to get an opinion before I spring for one as a XMas present

As in 1st TPB? Or the 1st book in the series?

It's a solid Absolute edition. The binding is firm with very little gutter loss There is no dust jacket as the edition sports a glossy cover with new artwork, while the internal pages are matte much like the Deluxe Vertigo hardcovers. Usual bonus materials in the form of covers, sketches, some other backmatter replicated from the Deluxe hardcovers.

If you already have the Deluxe hardcovers, the only upside is larger pages. But as far as gifts go, this a great all encompassing volume.

It's a solid Absolute edition. The binding is firm with very little gutter loss There is no dust jacket as the edition sports a glossy cover with new artwork, while the internal pages are matte much like the Deluxe Vertigo hardcovers. Usual bonus materials in the form of covers, sketches, some other backmatter replicated from the Deluxe hardcovers.

If you already have the Deluxe hardcovers, the only upside is larger pages. But as far as gifts go, this a great all encompassing volume.

Good to know! I am going to drop hints this year so that my wife can buy it for me.

+1 If I didn't already own the trades I'd purchase the Absolute Edition. That would be a wonderful gift to not only open but also to read again and again.

Thanks shockmatrix!

Thought I would bump this thread with some original art love...

As some of you know, Pia was in Toronto for a show and with the help from a fellow original art collector I was able to add a couple of Y the Last Man pages to my collection. They just arrived and I am once happy camper!

Nice page with all the favorites

Half page splash of Ampersand

Thanks Jeff for your help!