• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone built a "comic cube" style storage cabinet?

24 posts in this topic

I'm kinda lucky actually. I have an absolute FOX who I'm marrying in a couple of months. She just requested that my glass cabinet of Batman Hot Toys be moved from my man cave to the main living room. Now the move has been made, she (at least says that she) loves it.

She also whole-heartedly supports my comic collecting. When my first SS books arrived a few months ago she actually told me to stop buying raw "" and instead focus on slabs.

:cloud9::luhv:

Cool, my lady is the same way.

I'm all for displaying my books.. but I want to rotate them frequently and then store the ones that are not currently displayed in a 100% dark environment. They're all in mylar... so the key bit will be getting them in the dark in a way that I can easily access and enjoy-on-demand.. but still looks okay. (not a long box).

Yes, I feel the same way. Most collectors buy quality books and then store them in the most unimaginative ways... what a waste. Currently I have some of my books on display with gridwalls, but I want to put everything slabbed/high priced in some nice wood storage units. I will be working with a carpenter later this year to design and build it....

Cool, my lady is the same way.

:headbang:

Yes, I feel the same way. Most collectors buy quality books and then store them in the most unimaginative ways... what a waste. Currently I have some of my books on display with gridwalls, but I want to put everything slabbed/high priced in some nice wood storage units. I will be working with a carpenter later this year to design and build it....

Ooh please document the living *spoon* out of that project. That's awesome.

I've been toying with working with a cabinet maker or carpenter.. but I'm so cheap. So inexcusably cheap. :(