• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellers that don't ship worldwide: It's time to change your mind !

72 posts in this topic

Ah, but there's your problem, Mr. Bug! Don't do that. Give a flat rate ahead of time. I charge $15 flat rate for overseas shipping on CGC books. If it goes over I eat it. If it goes under, I figure the packaging and materials get covered. I'm usually right on the money. Again, its all about service to your customer. I think you're missing out on a significant market by bagging foreign buyers - you could always make them only pay by paypal, for example, so you wouldn't have to worry about payment.

DAMMIT.....DAMMIT......DAMMIT.....DAMMIT.......I'M GOING TO START BREAKING SH*T IF YOU GUYS DON'T START READING MY DAMN POSTS tongue.gif

I sell more than just comic books. I've (ME.....MYSELF.....PERSONALLY.....NOT YOU.....ME.......ONLY ME.......MYSELF) just had too many problems with international. I didn't say I don't accept international bids. It depends on the item. For a $20 or $30 item.......IT IS NOT WORTH IT TO ME. And I certainly don't want to "eat" shipping on a $20 or $30 after listing it, paying eBay fees, and then taking the effort to mail it. IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT TO ME. DAMMIT......DAMMIT.....DAMMIT......DAMMIT.

And paypal hasn't helped in MY cases (ME....MYSELF....PERSONALLY)........they either don't have a paypal account half the time or still drag out sending payment........NOT EVERYONE......BUT SOME DO.......AND IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT TO ME (MYSELF........ME.......PERSONALLY.......NOT YOU.......ME).

Damn people......I gave reasons why I (ME.....PERSONALLY.....NOT ANY OF YOU.....ME) limit international bids on my items. You can accept payment in turds from Venus for all I care. I'm just saying my personal reasons why I don't always. mad.gif

Untrue araich...

How many international packages (as this is what the topic is about) have you sent and received and how many of the boxes arrived safely and how many envelops ?..

It all comes down to correctly packing your stuff, I have received over 150 priority mail envelops from the US alone this year, all carrying at least 8 comics, not one comic has been damaged in the least...

Everyone sending these out, knows you need to sandwhich the comics between cardboard before slipping them into the envelop.

I've had people send me sturdy priority boxes where the comics all had dented corners as they were able to move around. It all comes down to the packer, not the package...

I even wrote a website to help sellers with their international mailing...

web page

DAMMIT.....DAMMIT......DAMMIT.....DAMMIT.......I'M GOING TO START BREAKING SHlT IF YOU GUYS DON'T START READING MY DAMN POSTS

Settle down Beavis....

Geez no wonder you don't want to go down to the post office and que, if an online bulletin-board can get you this upset...

think of your happy place Bug, wall to wall fossils and Laurence Welk music laugh.gif

Bug, you take a day off from posting and you are trying to come back with guns blazing! Won't happen here buddy!

I didn't take the day off.......just took it easy on my posting fingers yesterday.....still made some post though. Besides......now I'm all rested up and ready to unload on the people if they don't start reading my damned posts before replying out of their . mad.gif

Settle down Beavis....

Geez no wonder you don't want to go down to the post office and que, if an online bulletin-board can get you this upset...

I wouldn't get like that Butthead if people would actually pay attention to what was said before making statments like this: tongue.gif

"Very demeaning and paternalistic statement... implying that everyone in the world except the place you happened to be born in, lives in some sort of second-rate country ? Surely you jest.... "

Untrue araich...

I beg to differ...

Yes It's all in the packaging...Would you feel more comfortable shipping a book in an envelope that was properly sandwiched between sturdy cardboard that a USPS carrier (if so inclined) could bend to fit into a mail slot or P.O. box or would you feel more at ease with a book properly sandwiched betwwen sturdy cardboard wrapped with brown paper then inserted in a priority box that is filled with "popcorn" surrounding the already packaged book?

I know which one I would choose.... smirk.gif

I'm not joking about this one... grin.gif But don't you have regulation sized mailboxes in the US ? Over here all mailslot, boxes or whatever have to be a certain minimum size.

I thought this was the case as the (US) global priority envelops and the Standard priority envelops are exactly the same size as their European counterparts and are three inches narrower and about 2 inches slimmer than the standard mailbox slots.

So bending and folding is not really an issue....Again I'm talking about the European situatian, and it's really pretty hard to bend those puppies once the cardboard is inserted.

But then again you might have Meth-like postmen over there, the only US mailman I know is Cliffy from Cheers...

wink.gif Different strokes for different folks I guess

I'll let you have a nice lie down now Bug, seems to me you have a lot of anger to get rid of and I for one don't care to be verbally attacked...

People are just trying to help you out how to make it easier to ship internationally as you eluded it being harder and more work.

I get the impression that you don't really care for sending stuff outside of your country,fair enough, it's your choice...

ME.....MYSELF.....PERSONALLY.....NOT YOU.....ME.......ONLY ME.......MYSELF) -snip-.......IT IS NOT WORTH IT TO ME. -snip- IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT TO ME. DAMMIT......DAMMIT.....DAMMIT......DAMMIT. -snip-...MYSELF....PERSONALLY) - snip -......AND IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT TO ME (MYSELF........ME.......PERSONALLY.......NOT YOU.......ME).

Damn people -snip- (ME.....PERSONALLY.....NOT ANY OF YOU.....ME)

So why does everything have to be about you? tongue.gifgrin.gif

I love int'l bidders. Just had 1 Italian collector PayPal me for 5 silver age DDs. Also had 1 French collector as top bidder for another silver DD. Have sent 2 cgc silver ASM to Australia. Yes, postage was more. If the client is willing to pay more for postage, I will ship comics to almost any country in the world (except potential war torn countries like Iraq). They should have bigger problems to worry about than cgc comics.

Thanks for the tid-bit of info here...makes sense once you think of it...

Have to be thankful that some decisions the state makes for us turn out for the better (go large mailslots go !) and I'm also thankful that you managed to address this issue without going overboard with the bold type or the [!@#%^&^] [!@#%^&^] thingamabobs smile.gif

The biggest problems arise when shipping to a bank of P.O. boxes such as the ones found at condo's, apartments, or businesses. These boxes will accept a priority envelope only if it is placed diagonally and squished a little. If these boxes happen to be the type that the postman loads tightly from the back, then another problem arises, as the front of the box that the package is removed from has a tendancy to be smaller than the rear opening which means you have to squish it a little more to remove it.

If you use a priority box then either the package is delivered directly to the recipient or there is a notice left for the recipient to pick up the package at the P.O..Much safer...

I'll let you have a nice lie down now Bug, seems to me you have a lot of anger to get rid of and I for one don't care to be verbally attacked...

People are just trying to help you out how to make it easier to ship internationally as you eluded it being harder and more work.

I don't get bent out of shape unless someone doesn't pay attention to what they are reading and then throws out stupid accusations that I'm putting down other countries.....which was so far from the truth that I can't even see how you arrived at that assumption.

And I don't need help......I wasn't asking for help.......I made that clear in my posts if you had read them. I've mailed quite a few packages internationally.......but on some items.....it is just flat out not worth it to me. Depending on the item I'm selling.....I may or may not allow international bids. Nothing I've heard in here so far would make it any easier to do so based on what I sell, the number of items I sell, and the value of the items I sell.

If someone were to email me and politely ask permission......then I would probably allow the bid.....even on a cheap item. That at least shows me the person is most likely a serious bidder and I can communicate the need for payment on time and payment methods accepted, etc.

I get the impression that you don't really care for sending stuff outside of your country,fair enough, it's your choice...

Yes.....that is correct. It's easier for me and I would prefer to just deal in the U.S......but that's not a hard and fast rule for me. I don't sell on eBay for a living.....just to get rid of items no longer wanted. And, as I said before, I don't have to ring every single penny I can get out of an item. I'd rather just sell it and have a quick, smooth, and easy transaction on my part. If that means people don't want to bother to email me for clearance to bid on my auctions and some U.S. bidders get some bargains.....then so be it. laugh.gif

and I'm also thankful that you managed to address this issue without going overboard with the bold type or the [!@#%^&^] [!@#%^&^] thingamabobs

At least when I put the bold type or the [!@#%^&^] [!@#%^&^] thingamabobs.....you seem to pay more attention to what is actually being said instead of making ignorant accusations. tongue.gif