• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BoardieCast - A Podcast for Modern Comic Collectors - New Podcast Added 4/15

89 posts in this topic

8486143672_c3b4d0e12d_z.jpg

This is an experiment we are trying to add another layer to our comic conversations.

Once you go to www.BoardieCast.com you can download our first podcast and listen. See what you think...

After clicking on the podcast link, click on the bottom right down button to download or you can listen online:

8486142250_fdf7e0bff7_z.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you dig it (thumbs u

Hey Ryan

Just listened to the boardieCast. I like listening to comic related podcasts. I'm glad you brought up newbies in the 3rd segment. You had excellent points, as I am relatively new to the boards. Your comments on lurkers were good too. I am guilty of being a lurker a lot of the time. I think that a lot of newbies/lurkers are intimidated by the long term members. I know when I first got to the cgc boards I posted a question concerning a book. I couldn't believe some of the rude, sarcastic replies I got back from some of veteran members. That experience definitely made me withdraw back into the lurker shadows.

The boardieCast is a great idea. I just wanted to thank you for the time and effort and I look forward to the next podcast.

-Paul

Thanks, Paul!

I have been a noobie and been intimated by vets (maybe I was just scared to say something stupid). We want to encourage thoughtful dialog and invite everyone to contribute in a positive way.

Thank you again my friend,

Ryan

I know. I've gotten over it and I am starting to join in more - baby steps

I'm halfway through #4 right now and I had to comment that I'm so hyped for Pretty Deadly.

I haven't heard anything about The Sixth Gun or the mini next week yet. Maybe in #5?

I wonder what is going to happen in the future with this though because there isn't hype for something new every week and you have covered the past 3-4 months except for a few titles.

That's why I need you on the call TommyV. It's a 'jazz odyssey' free form discussion on things happening and we'll never be able to cover it all in one episode... it must continue for more.

I didn't talk about Sixth Gun or Marvel titles or DC titles or SS or Cons or... you name it. We need your voice!

And if there's something you are burning to talk about, hit me a PM. I'm looking for someone to call in this week for a 30-50 minute discussion.

R

Ryan,

Is there an RSS feed for just the podcast, something I could enter into a podcast aggregator?

RSS added for posts, but I don't think it's in the sense you are looking for at the moment - still a work in progress. (thumbs u

Right, I meant an RSS feed for the audio.

I listened to the podcast yesterday. I enjoyed it, and look forward to more episodes! It was a little hard to understand Carter3175, but I'm sure you'll work those kinks out!

Ryan,

Is there an RSS feed for just the podcast, something I could enter into a podcast aggregator?

RSS added for posts, but I don't think it's in the sense you are looking for at the moment - still a work in progress. (thumbs u

Right, I meant an RSS feed for the audio.

I listened to the podcast yesterday. I enjoyed it, and look forward to more episodes! It was a little hard to understand Carter3175, but I'm sure you'll work those kinks out!

I agree (little hard to hear) and next time I'm going to do something a little different with the caller audio. I'll keep playing with the RSS.

Thanks and if you want to be a caller (anyone), let me know and we'll make it happen

(Thumbs u

R

Thanks, Brandon.

I have a guest lined up for this week, but if you wanna participate in the future I'm looking for additional volunteers.

Also, I'm going to do a few 'mini' podcasts about collecting practices and grading (ie: how to handle books, grading your own books, etc.)

R