• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BoardieCast - A Podcast for Modern Comic Collectors - New Podcast Added 4/15

89 posts in this topic

I spend a good amount of time in my car and I listened today...enjoyed it :)

MOAR :sumo:

(worship)

And more you shall have. Your wish is my command. This weeks BoardCast will feature everyone's favorite Aussie........ :acclaim:Andy70 :acclaim:

Would love to have you on sometime DHurley :foryou:

Thanks for the props!

R

Andy70 he is like the Howard Stern of the modern section :popcorn:

Thanks for the invite ...I'm not really a talker :shy:

I enjoyed it...one request : can you get the whole podcast on one link?

I almost went off the side of the road trying to go to the next clip lol

MOAR :sumo:

lol

I'll try to get it all in one run, but it's not setup on my current software (garageband) to go over about 10 minutes in one track. I'll play around with it and see if I can record the tracks and splice them together after the fact.

Be safe and don't podcast while driving lol

MOAR.... s o o n

Good Job Ryan! Just listened to Ep.2 - need to listen to 1.

Nice to hear a comics podcast that focuses on the comics I read & not the Big 2. Also liked your tips section - keep that in; maybe take suggestions or have other boardies give tips?

Also great to hear another eastern NC accent (I grew up in Wilson). I don't hear it enough in AZ.

Also great to hear another eastern NC accent (I grew up in Wilson). I don't hear it enough in AZ.

It's true. I'm a redneck. lol

Wilson is right down the road from here (about 40 miles).

Thanks for the support. I'm open to anything and need other contributors to offer their perspective, ideas, comments, thoughts, etc.

Hey Ryan

Just listened to the boardieCast. I like listening to comic related podcasts. I'm glad you brought up newbies in the 3rd segment. You had excellent points, as I am relatively new to the boards. Your comments on lurkers were good too. I am guilty of being a lurker a lot of the time. I think that a lot of newbies/lurkers are intimidated by the long term members. I know when I first got to the cgc boards I posted a question concerning a book. I couldn't believe some of the rude, sarcastic replies I got back from some of veteran members. That experience definitely made me withdraw back into the lurker shadows.

The boardieCast is a great idea. I just wanted to thank you for the time and effort and I look forward to the next podcast.

-Paul

That is interesting. In your initial thread, you jumped in with one of the most generic unthought-out questions of all time, and got amazingly good-natured and helpful responses.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=257511&Number=5661488#Post5661488

But feel free to bash the vets around here anyway, despite the truth.

Hey Ryan

Just listened to the boardieCast. I like listening to comic related podcasts. I'm glad you brought up newbies in the 3rd segment. You had excellent points, as I am relatively new to the boards. Your comments on lurkers were good too. I am guilty of being a lurker a lot of the time. I think that a lot of newbies/lurkers are intimidated by the long term members. I know when I first got to the cgc boards I posted a question concerning a book. I couldn't believe some of the rude, sarcastic replies I got back from some of veteran members. That experience definitely made me withdraw back into the lurker shadows.

The boardieCast is a great idea. I just wanted to thank you for the time and effort and I look forward to the next podcast.

-Paul

That is interesting. In your initial thread, you jumped in with one of the most generic unthought-out questions of all time, and got amazingly good-natured and helpful responses.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=257511&Number=5661488#Post5661488

But feel free to bash the vets around here anyway, despite the truth.

The link you posted wasn't the instance I was referring to, although there are some examples there. But, this response from you is a pretty good example.