• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superboy 68 Club

92 posts in this topic

I won the one on the CL auction this month. I probably overpaid but I've been wanting this issue for a long time now so I went for it. I also thought I overpaid on my Batman 121 CGC 7.5 a few years ago but now I can probably get double what I paid for it.

RAD9EC4B201326_102511.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that if you really want a book, you'll probably have to overpay. Well done. (thumbs u

I won the one on the CL auction this month. I probably overpaid but I've been wanting this issue for a long time now so I went for it. I also thought I overpaid on my Batman 121 CGC 7.5 a few years ago but now I can probably get double what I paid for it.

I've come to the conclusion that if you really want a book, you'll probably have to overpay. Well done. (thumbs u

Great pickup!

I think this book is a great buy at anything even close to gpa. Census numbers are crazy low and when I was a casual comic collector, before I became sersiously addicted, the only other superman villain I was familiar with, besides lex luthor, was bizzaro.

Edited by The-Collector

Let's just start keeping track. I'll add everyone whose posted a pic. :)

CGC BLUE LABEL

comicartfan 7.5 OW/W PAGE 1

electricprune 7.5 CRM/OW PAGE 2

solm4st3r 7.5 CRM/OW PAGE 2

trory140 7.0 CRM/OW PAGE 1

Columbia Comics 6.0 OW/W PAGE 1 (Twin Cities)

RAW BOOKS

Silver PAGE 1

MLMeade PAGE 2

DR.X PAGE 2

8 copies in this thread.

Edited by MLMeade

It looks like all the 7.5s are here!

Nope. Two still outstanding unless we've got some resubs that weren't taken off. Entirely possible. As there are a few copies that look like they could be CPRs.

Ah, last time I checked, there were only 3. That was quite a while ago though.

Great pickup!

I think this book is a great buy at anything even close to gpa. Census numbers are crazy low and when I was a casual comic collector, before I became sersiously addicted, the only other superman villain I was familiar with, besides lex luthor, was bizzaro.

It looks like all the 7.5s are here!

Nope. Two still outstanding unless we've got some resubs that weren't taken off. Entirely possible. As there are a few copies that look like they could be CPRs.

Ah, last time I checked, there were only 3. That was quite a while ago though.

Looks like there are now five 7.5s. There's also one each of 8.0, 8.5, and 9.0. That's it.

Great pickup!

Agreed! I don't think you overpaid at all. In fact, I think you got a great deal!! This is one of the great DC keys and is clearly rare in 7.5 and above. The story has been reprinted many times and justifiably so. It is a great story. And don't forget "Tales of the Bizarro World" was an extremely popular backup feature in Adventure Comics for a year or two. I remember as a kid really enjoying it. Congrats on a fantastic purchase!

SLR

I paid quite a bit more for mine....And I've never regretted it !!

You got a great deal indeed.

Yes, for me that is often true.

Really nice copy!

From my experience Superboy 68 is very tough to find with PQ above Cream/OW. Don't get me wrong; Cream/OW is fine for this period. But it's a fact that Superboy 68 with nice OW or better PQ for some reason is tough to locate. They exist, of course, but not in high numbers. This is just from my experience, though.

SLR