• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pound for Pound, best series for Golden-Age covers

51 posts in this topic

Dear GAers,

In terms of memorable covers can any series compete pound-for-pound against Suspense Comics? There's Schomburg's #3 and many badass L.B. Cole covers too.

Piracy, Weird Science, Weird Fantasy, Tales from the Crypt, Shock Suspenstories, & Crime Suspenstories, Haunt of Fear, Vault of Horror :sumo:

The tail end of many of the Nedor runs, with the XELA covers are hard to beat. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If we include PCH, then Ghost Comics has a very sustained quality throughout the 11 issue run.

.....you can say that again.....the Planet run is also quite Ultra.............GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I can come close to agreeing with Suspense comics, but only because #8 is my favorite cover of all time. Planet Comics is also up there for me, as is WTOTF. Cat-Man, too, if you could wipe away all the non-Cole covers. Action Comics if you could only keep the Leo O'Mealia covers. I also think the first twenty covers of both Daredevil Comics and Boy Comics are terrific. As are all the Wood EC covers. Hit Comics is magical if you could do away with the Kid Eternity stuff. The first twenty covers of Zip Comics still blow my mind.

Did I hedge my bets enough?

I would think that The best series would have to be Mask Comics #1 and #2 complete set. :)

I also think that Science Comics short run is really good, I've only got the 1st 4 issues:

ScienceComics1.jpg

ScienceComics2.jpg

ScienceComics3.jpg

ScienceComics4.jpg

I have had a chance to buy one of the Mask covers and passed on it but I 've bid on Science covers several times. I think many collectors like those strange Scifi covers. Why don't you sell your short run if you can't complete it? :devil: